Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would happen if every particle in my body became an ion? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm talking positively charged for arguments sake. I'm a GCSE student so I don't even know if that's possible, but does anyone have a clue what would happen? Would I explode or fall apart or...?

ReputationRep:
    Advice on everyday issues...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Advice on everyday issues...
    Yes, I'm very concerned. I need to be prepared for the worst :biggrin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AxSirlotl)
    I'm talking positively charged for arguments sake. I'm a GCSE student so I don't even know if that's possible, but does anyone have a clue what would happen? Would I explode or fall apart or...?
    If every atom in your body suddenly lost an electron (we won't go into how this could happen) they'd all repel each other extremely strongly and I imagine you'd kind of vaporise, as all your ions separated and very quickly dispersed through the air.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.