JohnDalley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
In college I'm taking BTEC Business at level 2 and repeating English and Science, which then next year I move to level 3 and i can chose another course, what can i do with these courses in Uni
catinsomehat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What do you mean repeating English and Science? For GCSE?

You can apply for lots of business related courses at university, you could even apply for other subjects if you wanted to. Look up on the university websites what they typically want, you can also call up some universities and find out what they'll allow you to do and what grades they'd ask for. You can also apply for foundation years at university for different courses. Foundation years (as long as you pass) let you on to study other subjects at university, they can also be a good way of transitioning to university too.

Note that you only get 4 years total of student finance for undergraduate degrees, but that's okay as a foundation year would be included in that if you wanted to go down that route.

Most universities look at what you got for level 3 more than GCSE (though they still take it into account) so if you decide to choose a different course for level 3 make sure it's in something that you actually want to study and that you think may lead to a good career.

I'd highly recommend that you do some relevant work experience when doing your level 3 course if you can at some point, this will help your application when applying to university. When you start university make sure you do placements at different places too (summer placements or a year one), this will help you when applying for jobs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (228)
67.66%
No (109)
32.34%

Watched Threads