The Student Room Group

Help with my a level choices!!!

I enrolled at my sixthform recently but wasn't able to do the subjects I wanted due to my gcse grades. I wanted to have a career in medicine, which requires chemistry and biology a levels.
The sixthform states that students need a grade BB in core and additional science but I wasn't able to do this as I achieved a CB.
Because I just missed the grades, they literally crushed my dreams and said you can't do this. So now I'm enrolled for history, politics and psychology, subjects which I don't even enjoy but have no other choice. What should I do ??
Original post by Dingoman
I enrolled at my sixthform recently but wasn't able to do the subjects I wanted due to my gcse grades. I wanted to have a career in medicine, which requires chemistry and biology a levels.
The sixthform states that students need a grade BB in core and additional science but I wasn't able to do this as I achieved a CB.
Because I just missed the grades, they literally crushed my dreams and said you can't do this. So now I'm enrolled for history, politics and psychology, subjects which I don't even enjoy but have no other choice. What should I do ??

Find another sixth form?
ngl medicine is overhyped. Just try your best at school and the jobs will come to you
You can resit your science GCSE in another college. May I ask, are you from England (Birminfham) I can recommend you colleges that allow you to resit or you can even do applied science level 3 which is equivalent to 3 A levels. Applied science can still get you into pharmacy ( going through medicine) but to get a well paid job you have to go uni and go through so many things. You can even work with the NHS where they deal with medication. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise and don't give up on your dreams. I failed my GCSEs the first year and a teacher told me I couldn't do it again but I did and I am now studying health and social care, psychology and Arabic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest