Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When do you arrive at the airport? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Pickles and I were just having a little debate about when you should arrive at the airport when you're going on holiday.

I normally arrive about 3/4 hours before my flight, just because I like making sure I don't have to rush around...

Meanwhile, he prefers to get there about an hour and a half before his flight

What do you think? Who is right?

• TSR Community Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    PugDevil 3/4 hours is preposterous. Who needs to be in an airport for that long?

ReputationRep:
    3 hours before because you never know.

ReputationRep:
    My family arrive 3 hours before too. I've noticed most Asian families do the same :lol:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I hate being late so always leave plenty of time. 2/3 hours if a short flight, somewhere in Europe or somewhere. 3/4 hours if it's a long-haul! Usually I'm one of the first, if not first for bag drop, and if I don't have hold luggage, I sometimes try and get through before bag drop is even open :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pickles)
    PugDevil 3/4 hours is preposterous. Who needs to be in an airport for that long?
    I usually go three hours before. You can eat,shop around etc. Always something to do
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    3 hours beforehand. If it were up to me though I would arrive earlier though as I like to make sure I'm prepared. I'm awful for arriving at places way too early and then moaning that I'm bored and have nothing to do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to see that TSR is full of such like-minded people

ReputationRep:
    Everyone will arrive at different times depending on the size of the airport imo... 3-4 hours will be fine in an airport like Heathrow or Gatwick... My airport has a WH Smith, a Boots, a Burger King and that's about it. So most passengers here will check in about 2 hours before for a flight that closes an hour before departure.

ReputationRep:
    We normally aim to arrive two hours before

ReputationRep:
    3 hours just because we love to browse around the shops at the airport and have some time to sit and relax before getting on the flight
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    About 1.5 hours
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    We usually go 2.5 hours I think

If it was me I'd go 1.5 hours
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I think Pickles is mad, but then… I've always thought that???

ReputationRep:
    Depends. If I'm with my dad, we can use his BA card to go through security in about a minute and then go to the lounge for food - so probably half an hour before boarding begins. If I'm with school, or anyone but my dad, 2-3 hours. 3-4 hours in July though.

ReputationRep:
    I usually aim for 2.5-3 hours before the flight time. I've been stuck on the motorway enough times and nearly missed flights. I'd rather get there early and wait around in a restaurant than risk missing the flight, it's just not worth the hassle.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.