The Student Room Group

Adult A-Levels from home?

Hello, I'm 22 years old and I would like to start studying Alevels as I want to go to uni. My age is finding it really hard for me to study anywhere! Schools won't take me my local college isn't doing any of the courses I need to do. I have heard that you can teach yourself online, study books ect. And then just sit the exams? I know I will have to pay for the exams (not sure how much). I really want to study, Maths, Business and economics. I've seen online that none of these Alevels include coursework just exams. I've been looking into paying for the "learn from home a level courses" from ICS and other home learning companies but this will cost me £1400+ and exam fees. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
You don't have to subscribe to the courses - they often aren't that much help (never heard much good about ICS in particular). You could just buy the textbooks and teach yourself - Maths in particular has lots of really good online resources and tutorials available. Then you'd only have the exam fees to worry about.

Quick Reply

Latest