Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i like a girl in my 'islamic' community and she is an arab. She doesn't know english that well and there are other arab guys around too trying to hit on her. the problem is i don't know whether she'll be interested in a non-arab while having so many arabs. secondly, i don't know arabic well. What should i do?

And before anyone give any advise please remember that i am living in Saudi Arabia and not in any major city but a very small city with with the so called 'most practicing muslims' as the locals, so it's not that easy for anyone to have a relationship here but still almost everyone i know (male) is in a relationship because we do alot for the love of our lives. :P

(Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Regardless if she likes you or not, good luck winning her over with her family waiting close by the wings
    her parents are not the problem for me because her father really likes me. secondly who in islamic community tell their parents about their affair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i like a girl in my 'islamic' community and she is an arab. She doesn't know english that well and there are other arab guys around too trying to hit on her. the problem is i don't know whether she'll be interested in a non-arab while having so many arabs. secondly, i don't know arabic well. What should i do?

And before anyone give any advise please remember that i am living in Saudi Arabia and not in any major city but a very small city with with the so called 'most practicing muslims' as the locals, so it's not that easy for anyone to have a relationship here but still almost everyone i know (male) is in a relationship because we do alot for the love of our lives. :P

next time you see this Arab girl, take her by her hand, look into her eye's and say " I can show you the world, ....shinning, ...shimmering, ...splendid....tell me Arab girl .. now when did you last let your heart decide...."

works every time.

ReputationRep:
    Offer to give her English lessons.

Are her family wealthy? Are you wealthy? P.S. Arab guys have no game trust.

ReputationRep:
    I lived in Oman for a while. In that time I dated a couple of local girls.

Vital Info:

First: Do not come into physical contact with her in Saudi in front of witnesses. Corporal punishment is not a joke.

Second: Unless you are going to be her husband, DO NOT sleep with her. You may well ruin her life (remember, she needs to be able to have happiness on the terms available to her).

Now, a route to success:

1. TALK TO HER. Talk about the weather, talk about your country, talk about how you're enjoying being in Saudi, talk about anything that goes through your head. Don't be a moron, don't chat her up (like another poster said "Arab guys have no game"... your competition have no maturity, this is your strength).

2. Ask her advice about stuff: This is related to point .1. above. Treat her as a genuine human being with her own opinions and skills. This will again point out that you are different to the pack.

3. Try to subtly invite yourself to spend time with her family. This should come out of 1 and 2. Say things like "I'd really like to experience a traditional family meal Saudi style... you were saying your mum/servants (if the family has cash) cook the best XXX, I'd love to try that". Even spending time outside of the home can be a way in, so maybe ask her to invite her brother/cousin/uncle to come out with you for some social activity, and then you have a legitimate (male) way into the home.

4. If you meet the family, take your cues from the father/brother, but impress the MOTHER. The men are the public face and authority of the family, so you need to make sure you're conducting yourself in line with their norms, but it doesn't hurt to be the one holding the door open for the mother or carrying bags for the daughter (all whilst avoiding physical contact). Pay compliments to the whole family, and complement the FATHER/MOTHER on raising such a good/intelligent/kind daughter (here, mention something non-physical that you've noticed about her... it will hopefully be something that they're proud of and set up apart as a genuine guy).

5. Highlight other advantages before selling yourself. If she wants to be a nurse, talk about a Master's programme in your own country or something.

6. Suggest that your parents would like her parents.

7. Ask her if she'd like to marry you.

8. Ask the father if you can speak to the father and mother together.

9. Say to the father "I know you are the head of the family, but I would like to ask your wife something"

10. Ask permission to become their son/marry their daughter.

11. Do not hug the mum when she says yes.

12. Let the daughter be called into the room. Give her the good news. DO NOT HUG THE DAUGHTER.

13. Marry.

14. Do all the things you've wanted to do since the day you met.

I hope this helps. It's not a guaranteed success, but it's your best bet of not making too many cultural mis-steps. Best of luck and may you both find your happy ever after.

ReputationRep:
    Don't force her to do anything, tell your parents to talk to her parents. Ask for her hand in marriage and get to know her with the family. Don't hug her unless she's your wife, it's out of respect especially in an Arab country. Talk to her with respect, don't talk to her in a dirty way. Always be there for her but don't be too over protective or she's going to think you're to controlling. In'Sha'Allah you'll win her. Don't give up on her, if she says no when you ask for her hand in marriage, ask again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.