Remastered Bioshock: The Collection

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just an announcement for people who are Bioshock serie's fan:
    The Bioshock Collection will be launched in North America on September 13, Australia on September 15, and internationally on September 16.
    This includes Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite, all have remastered visuals in 1080p.

Will you get them?

ReputationRep:
    I've never played a bioshock game so I'm excited about the remastered collection. I plan to buy it eventually because at the moment I have a massive backlog to get through first!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I've never played a bioshock game so I'm excited about the remastered collection. I plan to buy it eventually because at the moment I have a massive backlog to get through first!
    I've played Bioshock 1 and 2 since 4 years ago and I have to say both have excellent gameplay, the story can be considered to be one of the most well-written stories so far. Even now when I heard of remastered I really want to play them again. So yup I really recommend the trilogy even for people haven't played Bioshock before.

Incredible games worthy of a remaster. I'll pick them up.

Infinite tugged on my heartstrings. </3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Incredible games worthy of a remaster. I'll pick them up.

Infinite tugged on my heartstrings. </3
    Mmm... Will the Circle be Unbroken?...

ReputationRep:
    If corse I'll get them (well, except infinite "upgrade ") by the power of the master race

ReputationRep:
    BIG WARNING FOR PC GAMER: I've seen the reviews and overall the collection is good enough, not excellent but yes exceptable. However, PC version is "wonderful" port with "bug-fest" and "crash-fest". I plan to play on Steam, so seems it is best to wait until the patches fix all that annoying "fest".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsudar)
    BIG WARNING FOR PC GAMER: I've seen the reviews and overall the collection is good enough, not excellent but yes exceptable. However, PC version is "wonderful" port with "bug-fest" and "crash-fest". I plan to play on Steam, so seems it is best to wait until the patches fix all that annoying "fest".
    From the screenshots I've seen it isn't actually much better than the originals, especially given we already had unlocked frame rates and resolution and ultimately the collection is just a lazy port from last gen to current gen consoles to get people to buy the games again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    From the screenshots I've seen it isn't actually much better than the originals, especially given we already had unlocked frame rates and resolution and ultimately the collection is just a lazy port from last gen to current gen consoles to get people to buy the games again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah... really stupid of me, putting hope on this so called "remastered".But look on the bright side I guess I can buy old Bioshock 1 & 2 with cheap prices and mod them up.

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably be getting this at some point, but not as it comes out. I'd rather wait for the price to come down in a sale considering the backlog I have as it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I'll probably be getting this at some point, but not as it comes out. I'd rather wait for the price to come down in a sale considering the backlog I have as it is
    Especially not recommended to get it currently. Trust me you don't want to play with angry mood just because lousy bugs and crashes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I've got one on ebay for £20 right now

ReputationRep:
    Just fired up Bioshock 1 and yeah, the so called remaster is somewaht limited. Running the first few minutes on both the original and "remaster" of Bioshock 1 you can see differences, but it seems to mostly be slight lighting differences, better fire, and a much more populated world, most clearly demonstrated with the two below screenshots

Name:  20161001164152_1.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  448.3 KB

Attachment 583872583874

Okay, for some reason it doesn't like the remastered screenshots.

Attachment 583872583874583900
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I can't afford it myself but hoping for it as a present at some point :3

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.