?
Report 11 years ago
I like it by itself. Mmmm.
HJV
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would just stick to things below 20%ish.

Mainly beer. (Provided that they serve good enough beers, ie. imported stuff).

It's not fun getting wasted around people you don't even know.

Interesting ones would also be wine cocktails, such as the Spanish "tinto de verano" (1 pt red wine + 1 pt casera + some lemon juice.. similar to sangria), "calimocho" (1 pt red wind + 1 pt of coke) and "zurracapote". Both are approximately the same strength as beer. I suppose I've been living in Spain too long, as I'm starting to suggest this stuff to others .
mariahb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well, if you're at a house party and you don't want to get too drunk- don't let anyone mix a drink for you. do it yourself! it's easy to get into trouble when you don't know how much vodka some stranger has dumped in there. fruity drinks are always dangerous because you can't taste the alcohol.

(Original post by Wise One)
Pint o' cider 'n' blackcurrent. Taken at a reasonable pace.
always my drink of choice. yummm.
polythenegirl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm gunna go with the malibu recommendations + coke/lemonade/cranberry juice (mmm particular favourite) and I'd try peach schnapps + lemonade too. That's if you're lookin to feel the effects...if not, cheaper options that taste nice (personally anyway) are all the usual alcopops- Bacardi Breezer, Wkd etc.
Ollie87
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
guinness. that's all you need to know.
increaseyourfanbase
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Kopparburg pear cider.
trojan10_om
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
White wine spritzer

Or lager with a large top (dont order a shandy you will never live it down)
i121
Report 11 years ago
Try Magners cider. You drink it with ice, which means you have to keep refilling it from the bottle. It can take a while to get through, meaning unless you drink like a fish you can keep the same bottle/glass of it going for a while.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Archers and lemonade, Archers Aqua, Smirnoff Ice or Bacardi Breezers. Vodka and Coke is OK, but stronger. Just to clarify for any detectives out there who may have seen my other posts :p: I don't drink, but these are all drinks I've had in the past that were all right.
Mr Ben
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ollie87)
guinness. that's all you need to know.
Completely agree, its a drink and a meal in one, and not massively more alcoholic than the average lager (don't think so anyway)
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just have a girly spirit with a mixer - archers and lemonade or malibu and coke. And just drink fairly slowly. And if your uni does it try cherry brandy and coke. Its lush and costs £1.60 in my union. Bargainisious!!

Try and avoid wine. It gets you drunk quickly and will probably make you be sick!

You wont feel pressured to drink though. People are nice at uni
Proton Boy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Whoever said Kopparberg... seriously if you're going easy pear cider ain't the answer. I find I can just pour the stuff down my throat in a way that doesn't happen with other drinks.

What about (puts flat cap on and takes whippet for walk) a pint of bitter? Seriously the stuff takes ages to drink.

Whatever you do just avoid Aftershock and you won't go far wrong.

P.S. Hi to whoever that is from Farnham further up the page
Cessie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Alcopops I would say, but they are full or sugar so I'd go for a vodka and lemonade/lime&soda or something. Or archers... always seems weaker than vodka to me!
Ollie87
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
guinness ****s are the best bit. they stick to the toilet like tar. wonderful present for the girls in the house in the morning.
chantellep
Report 11 years ago
i'm planning on getting absolutely trolleyed during freshers week. i can drink all the vodka and cocktails i want and not get a hangover. i'll be the girl everyone stares at and thinks 'it's time to go hme, love.'
Horrorshow
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Gah, please do not say pear cider. It's just plain weird.

I'd reccomend the usual wussy alcopops (though you need loads to get drunk :nn:). Also, pints of any named lager that you can see at the bar are fine too, likewise pints of cider (strongbow/thatchers gold, or magners/bulmers for a slightly more expensive taste). Then there's wine. I've discovered this more and more recently and have come to like it in bars. Much more expensive than from a shop, and you might get called a few things from your mates but it's a change. Naturally, rose or white for a light drink, and red for a heavier one.

As said above, shots are bad if you don't want to get trolleyed, but I suppose there's no harm in the odd one or two.
andy5788
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What about (puts flat cap on and takes whippet for walk) a pint of bitter? Seriously the stuff takes ages to drink.
Are you kidding me? Maybe if you don't have a taste for it I suppose.... It's the drink I get down me the fastest 'coz it aint gassy or owt.
jazznaz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I stick to alcopops or tall mixers (JD + Coke) when I'm out at a club. Beer/Bitter/Guiness etc makes me feel bloated after a few pints, and I can't pull off my dance moves like that. :p:
Chazbot
Report 11 years ago
Just to stick to Alcopops and you should be fine. They taste alright and it's incredibly difficult to get drunk if you pace yourself on them.

Avoid things like Snakebites, Turbo Shandys etc, the mixers with two alcoholic drinks since they can really kick in hard with inexperience drinkers.

And definitely avoid the cocktail menu.
Rokit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I am a terrible light weight when it comes to other kinds of alcohol

but I find Baileys a very easy drink. You could try it
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (178)
18.74%
No (573)
60.32%
Not really bothered about them (199)
20.95%

Watched Threads