Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I need to decide a career path pretty quickly, but I keep changing my mind! Suggestions, reassurance and advice would be well appreciated.

-I have just completed year 12. My AS grades were media- C sociology- C psychology-D law-E
    -I have dropped psychology so am doing the other 3 subjects at A level
    -I was dead set on a career in law either through a law degree or apprenteaship, but the E grade is giving me second thoughts
    -I am considering social work but am not sure if I have the tolerance for the types of people I would have to work with and be able to distance myself from the terrible things I may see
    -I have seen a 'learning support' foundation degree however it has low entry requirements and would be my last choice. I wouldn't mind teaching children with learning difficulties
    -I would rather do an apprenteaship than a degree
    -I am applying for university courses this month!
    -I have a fairly good CV with 2 years voluntary work and 3 years as a cadet

Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    What I would do is if you would rather go to uni look at a list of courses that are on offer everywhere and see which one you would like to go into, if there isn't any see what apprenticeships are available. Talk over the options you've come up with family or people at school/friends, I know it's your choice but they'll help with opinions and advice.

I know you said you've got to make a choice soon but still try and take your time with any decision, if you just see one thing that you like and you choose it without looking at all your options you may regret it.

I hope this helped😃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FarmerTeddie)
    What I would do is if you would rather go to uni look at a list of courses that are on offer everywhere and see which one you would like to go into, if there isn't any see what apprenticeships are available. Talk over the options you've come up with family or people at school/friends, I know it's your choice but they'll help with opinions and advice.

I know you said you've got to make a choice soon but still try and take your time with any decision, if you just see one thing that you like and you choose it without looking at all your options you may regret it.

I hope this helped😃
    Thanks

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.