Do you think that lawyers have to be strong at logical thinking??

Watch
This discussion is closed.
旗人天相
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Do you think a good lawyer must have a strong ability at logical analyzing just like it is as a mathmatician?
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 16 years ago
Depends what kind of lawyer.
Mighty
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You need to be good at finding loopholes in everything.
Rex Mundi
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 旗人天相)
Do you think a good lawyer must have a strong ability at logical analyzing just like it is as a mathmatician?
Nah i reckon its all the way you are with people. winning the jury's trust, and having a way with words. Sure you need to be able to think the case through but it's definately the way u behave in the courtroom that'll settle it I think. :rolleyes:
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Rex Mundi)
Nah i reckon its all the way you are with people. winning the jury's trust, and having a way with words. Sure you need to be able to think the case through but it's definately the way u behave in the courtroom that'll settle it I think. :rolleyes:
In that situation you also have to think of things on the spot often because you can't entirely predict what people will say, you need to respond to it then and there, so if the only skill you have is deep analyzing over a long period of time you wont do very well.
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You have to take the most logical approach when laying out evidence to the jury or you lose them.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (78)
21.73%
No (281)
78.27%

Watched Threads