Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, my firm choice is Nottingham (ABB) and my insurance is Sheffield (BBB).
    If I was to get AAC, is it true that technically both Unis could reject me if they were short of space? Even though I'd got more than the equivalent grades for Sheffield, my understanding is that because I didn't get the B in every subject, they're within their rights to reject me? (I was actually told at the Sheffield open day that ABC would usually be enough... but I guess it depends how everybody else did)

Also, my friend last year had an ABB offer for Sheffield, got AAC, and they didn't have room, so they defered her place for a year... if that was to happen at either Uni, would I be within my rights to reject the place and go through clearing? Cause I really don't want to spend another year at home.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly sure they could both reject you with AAC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    I'm fairly sure they could both reject you with AAC
    Yep. Which sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Yep. Which sucks.
    It'd be hideously mean of them though. I'm sure you'll be okay. Just run through in your head your responses to various outcomes on results day. Know which teacher you're going to goto, know what you're going to plead etc.

ReputationRep:
    It'd be hideously mean of them though. I'm sure you'll be okay. Just run through in your head your responses to various outcomes on results day. Know which teacher you're going to goto, know what you're going to plead etc.
    Reckon if I got a good grade in the AS Politics then that would help? I don't hold out much hope for Nottingham unless I actually get the ABB, but I'm hoping that Sheffield would be more forgiving. Meh, I wish in was better at actually getting a feel for how I've done in exams.

ReputationRep:
    Reckon if I got a good grade in the AS Politics then that would help? I don't hold out much hope for Nottingham unless I actually get the ABB, but I'm hoping that Sheffield would be more forgiving. Meh, I wish in was better at actually getting a feel for how I've done in exams.
    Yeah I reckon. You know, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, and for all I know I might be giving you terrible advice, but I think your best bet if you didn't make offers, is to ring up and just sound as enthusiastic and desparate as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I reckon. You know, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, and for all I know I might be giving you terrible advice, but I think your best bet if you didn't make offers, is to ring up and just sound as enthusiastic and desparate as possible.
    I can do desperate! As my friends will tell you. But I don't suppose that stressing out at them on the phone is my best bet really. Hopefully, I won't actually need to. Only a month until I find out... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I can do desperate! As my friends will tell you. But I don't suppose that stressing out at them on the phone is my best bet really. Hopefully, I won't actually need to. Only a month until I find out... :eek:
    I know, so exciting. I'll be so glad to know.

ReputationRep:
    I know, so exciting. I'll be so glad to know.
    I'll be glad to know, if the fear the night before doesn't kill me. Then assuming all goes well, only another month until uni actually starts. Now that, I am excited about.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be glad to know, if the fear the night before doesn't kill me. Then assuming all goes well, only another month until uni actually starts. Now that, I am excited about.
    Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom. Freedom from my obnoxious family who are so starved of long term goals they seem to be purposely creating problems for themselves, and more annoying for me.

ReputationRep:
    Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom. Freedom from my obnoxious family who are so starved of long term goals they seem to be purposely creating problems for themselves, and more annoying for me.
    Exactly.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.