Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As in the photography app, not the drug
    Just curious as to whether other photographers or people in general tend to use it.

Edit: Also am wondering whether people post and/or look at other photographers posts on the VSCO newsfeed

ReputationRep:
    I shot primarily with my DSLR so I use Lightroom CC as my primary editing tool , however when I am posting to Instagram I use VSCO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polka_Specs)
    I shot primarily with my DSLR so I use Lightroom CC as my primary editing tool , however when I am posting to Instagram I use VSCO.
    Oh right, that's cool I used to use Instagram, not at the moment though. I was more asking whether people post and/or look at other photographers posts on the VSCO newsfeed. Perhaps I should have phrased question better, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it makes my Instagram feed look good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Yes, it makes my Instagram feed look good
    It helped my Instagram look good when I had it, I always liked the A6 filter from what I've seen your photos are good. Why don't you send me a screenshot of your feed? You can hide your username

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    It helped my Instagram look good when I had it, I always liked the A6 filter from what I've seen your photos are good. Why don't you send me a screenshot of your feed? You can hide your username
    C1 is the best filter for the summer and maybe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    AC is the best filter for the summer and maybe
    Also the ones for portraits, the F and G ones, are great for landscapes
    Name:  IMG_20160902_182402.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  492.0 KB
    I love the deep green/blue effect

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!! I use Lightroom more now though, I used to use VSCO a lot more before their new update

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.m.b)
    Yes!!! I use Lightroom more now though, I used to use VSCO a lot more before their new update
    Awesome! Did you ever post photos there? I know, I used it for about the third time today since that stupid update, confusing and hard to use

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Awesome! Did you ever post photos there? I know, I used it for about the third time today since that stupid update, confusing and hard to use
    Yep ofc However, I have noticed it's hard to get recognition, like people could steal your images and you wouldn't know, but it doesn't really bother me because i don't watermark my images anyway

ikr the update is so crappy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.m.b)
    Yep ofc However, I have noticed it's hard to get recognition, like people could steal your images and you wouldn't know, but it doesn't really bother me because i don't watermark my images anyway

ikr the update is so crappy
    I know what you mean, I guess it's good that is not all about likes but it's hard to even interact- I think comments would be good I joined months back and have around 6 followers haha, I only made this thread because today I got a notification telling me someone published/reposted my photo, which was a first! I can't be bothered to watermark, although I did have a small issue with photo-stealing on Insta

Damn update with rubbish UI

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    I know what you mean, I guess it's good that is not all about likes but it's hard to even interact- I think comments would be good I joined months back and have around 6 followers haha, I only made this thread because today I got a notification telling me someone published/reposted my photo, which was a first! I can't be bothered to watermark, although I did have a small issue with photo-stealing on Insta

Damn update with rubbish UI
    I know, I heard the user interface made the app unpopular for a while, and I have 4 followers L oh el :colondollar:,
    I didn't know you could be notified about that? hmm and i don't watermark because i feel like it ruins the image :/
    Have you used lightroom?
    I basically edit on Lightroom and upload to insta because i don't like vsco cam that much

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that deconstrated look is all the rage right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.m.b)
    I know, I heard the user interface made the app unpopular for a while, and I have 4 followers L oh el :colondollar:,
    I didn't know you could be notified about that? hmm and i don't watermark because i feel like it ruins the image :/
    Have you used lightroom?
    I basically edit on Lightroom and upload to insta because i don't like vsco cam that much
    I just got a notification, don't think I changed any settings
    That's another reason why I don't watermark my photos
    I've got the app on my phone yeah, haven't used it too much but it seems good
    I mostly use snapseed :love:
    But Lightroom was sooo useful for white balance!
    Saved so many stupid pink photos made by my phone :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that deconstrated look is all the rage right now
    It really isn't
    not with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    It really isn't
    not with me
    Let's move away from pendatics shall we ?

ReputationRep:
    Let's move away from pendatics shall we ?
    What's a pendatic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    What's a pendatic?
    Concerned with the minor details

Overall VSCO is a the mobile equivalent of Lightroom , it's a very intuitive bit of software.

Still it would be nice to have some photography friends who are within my own age bracket , still one can dream though.

ReputationRep:
    Concerned with the minor details

Overall VSCO is a the mobile equivalent of Lightroom , it's a very intuitive bit of software.

Still it would be nice to have some photography friends who are within my own age bracket , still one can dream though.
    It's good but the update has put me off quite a bit
    don't use it half as much
    Why not look somewhere like Instagram?
    The photography community on there would have a pretty big age bracket
    what is your age bracket, if you don't mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    It's good but the update has put me off quite a bit
    don't use it half as much
    Why not look somewhere like Instagram?
    The photography community on there would have a pretty big age bracket
    what is your age bracket, if you don't mind?
    I'm 20 btw

I've not really had any proper friends before and I have been fatigued with people that i olny text occasionally.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.