I'm going into Year 13 next week, when do I drop my 4th subject?

Watch
Tarawix
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I just checked my timetable for next year (starting this monday) and despite the fact I haven't said which subjects I'm dropping yet the only lessons on the timetable are English Literature, Art and Film Studies. My plan was to drop English Literature and carry on with Art, Film Studies and History but I'm worried that I've somehow missed the time when you're supposed to drop a subject? I've never been told about the process of dropping a subject so I assumed it would be sorted when I go back on my first day but now I'm really concerned that it's already been decided for me somehow? I know I probably sound stupid but I depserately don't want to take English next year and I've only done the summer tasks for my other three subjects anyway. In my AS results, I got a B in English, a C in Film Studies, a C in Art and a D in History so I'm worried they're not letting me do History despite the fact that I got a high enough grade to continue it next year???
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
Perhaps your school just assumed you'd drop history because it was your lowest grade, they can't force you to drop a subject. I suggest you speak to a teacher / head of sixth form ASAP and tell them that you want to drop English instead.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (86)
26.22%
England (110)
33.54%
Belgium (27)
8.23%
Germany (39)
11.89%
Spain (6)
1.83%