The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've only ever been to each one once. I went to Pizza Hut a few weeks ago for the first time ever and found it surprisingly nice - good value for money with all you can eat buffet.

I went to Pizza Express earlier this year for a college evening out, and am going back there with a group of friends the night A-Level results for a celebration OR commiseration meal.

On the whole, I would class Pizza Express as being slightly more 'posh' than Pizza Hut, it is also quite expensive (well I thought it was). However Pizza Hut is great value for money and is good if you're just going out with friends for lunch/a bite to eat.

In the end, both have their upsides.
Pizza Express.

Pizza Hut is horribly overrated. Most people in the UK seem to think it's the best thing since sliced bread. WTF?
no contest. Express all the way....although it is very pricey imo. But you get what you pay for.....
pizza express when on a date
pizza hut when having a delivery

BUT... having pizza express salad dressing in your fridge is a must.
Reply 5
Pizza hut has an ice cream machine...:ninja:
Reply 6
I find Pizza Hut pizzas really greasy :\ although the stuffed crusts are lovely. Pizza Express is way better for a full meal :smile:
Pizza Express is a restaurant, Pizza Hut is a fast food chain. Pizza Express use fresh ingredients, Pizza Hut used packaged ****.
Id have Pizza Hut as my last meal, so theres my answer :p:
Reply 9
definately pizza hut!!
Pizza Express pizzas are MUCH highter quality (fresh ingredients, etc), their desserts (esp. cheesecake and chocolate fudge cake) are DELICIOUS, but, I am quite partial to Pizza Hut's stuffed crust.
Reply 11
dough balls.

the end.
Reply 12
pizza express!

pizza hut is so greasy and stodgy. pizza express seems much fresher and cooked right in front of you which i like! pizza express has nicer choices in my opinion, and a massive range of pasta too, also the salads are gorgeous. not too expensive either for the quality.
Reply 13
Pizza express!!! They do the best pizzas which dont leave you feeling all bloated and sick once you've finished them. Whenever I go to pizza hut I always come out feeling like Iv put on about 2 stone.
sparkler
dough balls.

the end.

:ditto:
Pizza express is far superiour.

I remember when I was at give it a name, there was a pizza express inside Earls court and I must have eaten 6 pizzas from there over 2 days lol.
For every meal we headed to pizza express. That was one hell of an unhealthy weekend.
Reply 16
express
Reply 17
Sophistress
Pizza Express pizzas are MUCH highter quality (fresh ingredients, etc), their desserts (esp. cheesecake and chocolate fudge cake) are DELICIOUS, but, I am quite partial to Pizza Hut's stuffed crust.

I think you are the only person who I have ever met who agrees with me on this, love it!
Reply 18
Omg definitely express, there's no question about it.
I love the pizza express pasta range..mmmm spinach and riccotta canelloni :smile: It's delicious! Pizza hut is good if you just want a quick lunch whilst out shopping with friends or something but Pizza Express is so much nicer.

Latest