The Student Room Group

Dental Hygiene and Therapy 2017

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I had an interview this morning as well. I found it quite challenging and was only in there for about 5 minutes of the allocated 15 so you aren't alone!
Reply 161
anyone heard from bham?
Original post by Mel.wiltshire
I had an interview today too! I don't feel mine went well either 😞😞

I don't think I expressed how much I want to do the course :frown: Why didn't you think yours went well? Have you applied anywhere else?
X

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Emmarose101
I didn't get one so you're both doing better than me! Haha. Take is as good interview experience. You know what you need to do the next time around

You are right it is good experience, thank you! Where have you applied? And what quals do you have? I'm sure you will get an interview somewhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rosey7789
Hey! I had an interview this morning as well. I found it quite challenging and was only in there for about 5 minutes of the allocated 15 so you aren't alone!

I feel the same, I wish I had said so much more. disappointing :frown: you applied anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mel.wiltshire
I had an interview today too! I don't feel mine went well either 😞😞

Don't worry I don't think mine did either. Was over in 10minutes I had so much to say and just forgot everything so annoying. Do you know when we find out?
Reply 166
I had my interview yesterday also. I don't think it went well, my mind went blank and forgot a lot of the things I wanted to say. Felt my interpersonal skills test was better than the actual interview.
Original post by AK1994
I had my interview yesterday also. I don't think it went well, my mind went blank and forgot a lot of the things I wanted to say. Felt my interpersonal skills test was better than the actual interview.

Yeah I felt my interpersonal skills went a LOT better than actual interview.
Original post by Kater95uk
Don't worry I don't think mine did either. Was over in 10minutes I had so much to say and just forgot everything so annoying. Do you know when we find out?

I had one yesterday too! And I feel exactly the same:frown: I just don't feel like I said enough and got really nervous x
Original post by tara_v
anyone heard from bham?

Nopeee!
Fingers crossed for us all! If we all feel the same that's a little bit reassuring cos I'd hate it if I was the only one who felt like that! Hopefully we have all done better than we think

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 171
Yeah I felt my interpersonal skills went a LOT better than actual interview.

I think everyone thought the same about the interpersonal skills. Fingers crossed, hopefully we are all just worrying for nothing!
I had an interview Monday in sheff... It's hard to tell what they really looking for..wish you guys all the luck...
I've spent so many sleepless nights about how much I could have said 🤔...the only thing I probably showed is that I really wanted it ....I can only hope that's enough 😁😳

I felt the same! 😭
They said a couple of weeks
I'm not holding my breathe! 😞
Wow i must be missing something here...everyone has had interviews and I've not even sent in my application! I probably wont be accepted at all then?....

I was hoping to apply to Essex, queen mary and Eastman for 2017 and Kings for 2018. I'm a qualified dental nurse with 6 yrs experience, have 9 gcse's A-C and am currently doing an access to HE in biology as i dont have A levels. Good luck to everyone with interviews and congrats to thosewho have places already!
Original post by Dumpling81
Wow i must be missing something here...everyone has had interviews and I've not even sent in my application! I probably wont be accepted at all then?....

I was hoping to apply to Essex, queen mary and Eastman for 2017 and Kings for 2018. I'm a qualified dental nurse with 6 yrs experience, have 9 gcse's A-C and am currently doing an access to HE in biology as i dont have A levels. Good luck to everyone with interviews and congrats to thosewho have places already!

I haven't applied yet either! Now i'm scared i dont have a chance too :frown:
Hi All :smile: im going to be applying for 2017 intake at Plymouth, Portsmouth, Teeside, QM, Liverpool and Cardiff.

I've just noticed that some say that qualifications need to be in place when apply... i'm currently a few months into my access course so not sure if im going to be rejected due to the fact it's not completed until May?

Anyone else doing an access course that started this September??
Hi! I'm wanting to apply to Teesside. Does anyone have any tips for writing a personal statement?
Original post by Eightoutoften
Hi! I'm wanting to apply to Teesside. Does anyone have any tips for writing a personal statement?

You need to mention all the qualities, and attributes you possess that are related/ required for the course you are applying. Give some examples of experiences you have had, and show how and why you are so enthusiastic about doing the course. Do your research about the course and the university you would like to go to and mention how that university's mission, vision and ethos relates to you. In short - it is mostly about telling them about yourself.

Hope this helps.
Original post by Eightoutoften

If you are only applying to Teeside, try to look at what they specifically want and tailor it to them.

If your application will also contain applications to other unis, try to make it non-specific and do not mention an individual university name as this will work against you.

Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest