Official AQA A2 Law Thread 2017

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, so for most of us college has started again and those reading this will probably be studying A2 law. The 2016 thread was made in may this year, so i thought I'd make it much sooner .

As a little introduction to those who will be posting on the thread,

How do did you do at AS Law?
    How are you finding Unit 3 or Unit 4 so far?
    Have you got any questions and do you need any help?

Also if you have any exam material or sample essays, just like i saw on last years i intend to make a database with all the model answers over the next few weeks, so just pm me or post on this thread.

Good luck with A2 Law everyone

ReputationRep:

So at AS i got in,

Law01 - 83 UMS.
    Law02 - 84 UMS.
    So overall i got 167 UMS, which is a A.

I'm finding unit 3 okay so far. All we've been taught is involuntary manslaughter and one or two of the defences. Essay timings are a lot different to last year, but I think i can get my head around it soon. We've also been taught a little bit of unit 4, a topic called judicial precedence.

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished doing A2 Law and have quite a few good essays as well as some revision material if anyone's interested

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Econnerd)
    I've just finished doing A2 Law and have quite a few good essays as well as some revision material if anyone's interested
    Would you mind sending me some so i can start collating a database of Law model answers, it would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I go back on Tuesday 6th but we started A2 Law before we left for summer. We've started murder already which is actually okay atm.

AS- B Law01:81
    Law02:77 (getting a remark)
    Total:158

Was really hoping for an A* at A2 but seeing as the papers were marked so harshly I'm not counting my chickens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    I go back on Tuesday 6th but we started A2 Law before we left for summer. We've started murder already which is actually okay atm.

AS- B Law01:81
    Law02:77 (getting a remark)
    Total:158

Was really hoping for an A* at A2 but seeing as the papers were marked so harshly I'm not counting my chickens
    Don't lose confidence in an A* just yet, i was feeling the exact same a few days ago, but at A2 all the law just seems to click at lot easier, so all your answers will probably be of higher quality this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BR1999)
    Don't lose confidence in an A* just yet, i was feeling the exact same a few days ago, but at A2 all the law just seems to click at lot easier, so all your answers will probably be of higher quality this year
    I'm hoping so, and I'm defo going to revise more this year because I want to do Oxford biology so I need as many A*'s as possible and until I got my AS (I was so surprised that it wasn't an A) I thought it would be an easy A* but I'm not so sure now

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping so, and I'm defo going to revise more this year because I want to do Oxford biology so I need as many A*'s as possible and until I got my AS (I was so surprised that it wasn't an A) I thought it would be an easy A* but I'm not so sure now
    I'm planning to do law at cambirdge and i was banking on an A* prediction, but unless my remark goes up my at least 9 UMS my teacher refuses to give me that prediction. I opened my results and i looked at unit 1 and i was so shocked because I'd had 85 + marks on every paper and in this one i got 73. I think it should be easy to get an A* in unit 3, but i feel unit 4 might be quite hard to get one in .

ReputationRep:
    Not even looked at Law04 yet, from what Ive done Law03 seems okay and a possible A* but idk, I'll need to wait until I've done it all to see where I think I'll stand with it all.

Good luck with Cambridge Law!! We need all the luck were going to get with Oxbridge

ReputationRep:
    Not even looked at Law04 yet, from what Ive done Law03 seems okay and a possible A* but idk, I'll need to wait until I've done it all to see where I think I'll stand with it all.

Good luck with Cambridge Law!! We need all the luck were going to get with Oxbridge
    I know we do

ReputationRep:
    B. Remarking or resitting unit 1 - our teacher made an official complaint to our exam officer about our entire class' grades. Got papers back and he thinks marked wrong

Easier than unit 1 and 2 by far. I did murder/manslaughter etc. at GCSE so it's a walk in the park for me right now.

I need help with economi- haha nevermind we'll just ignore this section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muttski)
    B. Remarking or resitting unit 1 - our teacher made an official complaint to our exam officer about our entire class' grades. Got papers back and he thinks marked wrong

Easier than unit 1 and 2 by far. I did murder/manslaughter etc. at GCSE so it's a walk in the park for me right now.

I need help with economi- haha nevermind we'll just ignore this section.
    Ahaha , how did your economics mock go?

ReputationRep:
    I somehow got an A despite messing up majorly in the exams (in LAW02, I completely missed out the chain of causation for the Q where the guy ended up with brain damage)
    LAW01 - 80
    LAW02 - 83
    I really can't mess up in A2 but I'm so glad I can bank those marks

They're... okay, I'm doing theft in LAW04 and murder (and the defences) in LAW03 (and we've already done a model answer for one of the essays for LAW04 but I was pretty lucky since our teacher chose to do interpretation as one of them which we covered in LAW01). Theft is soo boring and I barely understand it and we haven't even done MR yet

I feel so late to the party hahahaha, I was actually just looking for a thread of law applicants for university

(Original post by BR1999)
    I'm planning to do law at cambirdge and i was banking on an A* prediction, but unless my remark goes up my at least 9 UMS my teacher refuses to give me that prediction. I opened my results and i looked at unit 1 and i was so shocked because I'd had 85 + marks on every paper and in this one i got 73. I think it should be easy to get an A* in unit 3, but i feel unit 4 might be quite hard to get one in .
    good luck for cambridge! do you know what college you're going to apply to, or are you doing an open application? I was gonna apply to caius and gonville for law but after my AS's that dream went out the window lmao

ReputationRep:
    how did you do at AS?
    I got A's in both units (can't remember UMS)

How are you finding Law 03/04?
    Just started it really, just finished murder and are currently doing involuntary
    manslaughter (personally feel like the pace were going at is too slow and plus got
    new teachers)

Also thinking of doing Law at Oxford...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 28, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.