Paphos, Cyprus Watch

Fruitcakex
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Anyone know how hot it is supposed to be at the end of August?Also is it good for getting a good tan?x

thanks
magnad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I came back from there a couple of weeks ago, and it was baking at least 35c plus.

It's good for a tan end of august it should be good weather down there, but wear sun tan lotion
x_beth_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im there at the moment..gorgeous weather..a heatwaves expected in the next few weeks so id say anything from 35 to 40..enjoy!!!!! xxxxxx
paulocoelho<3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
welcome to cyprus beth!! i'm surprised that u like the weather! it is very VERY hot here in limassol and i can't stand it. hope u enjoy your stay =)

also try the following traditional food:
1)souvla (meat)
2)sousouko (made from grapes and nuts)
3)halloumi (cypriot cheese)
4)zivania (only for your dad )
x_beth_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
haha ive been coming here since i was six! :-)

I do feel like im in a bit of a meltdown but coping :-) been here for a month already...great to be back!!!!

Zivania is pushing the limits a bit! that stuff could strip paint! Wouldnt say no to a bit of ouzo though

xxxxx
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
2 years ago it was 35+ degrees in paphos in early september. Awesome for getting a tan and pretty good nightlife/bar strip too.
magnad
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Paphos airport is crap going back home, it's just complete chaos too many people not enough seats.

Make double certain when you cross the road.

And try some Cyprus delights
x_muso_x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yayyy I'm going to Paphos on Sunday for a week! what hotel you at? Or is that too much to ask... :rolleyes: lol

Yeah I've been loads before and it's always been really hot, checked online and like other people have said it's gonna be about 30-35C, which should make swimming in the pool all the better!
Horatio Caine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I went last year, unfortunately not going back this year, going to Malta. It was the best holiday I have ever been on. I went during the middle of August, the weather was absolutely amazing. You stepped out of the apartment at like 7am, and the heat just hit you. It was great. The food is amazing, we eat out at various resteraunts each night and ended up either in the sister hotel bar or a bar nearby. We found ourselves a little local too, that showed the football. The people are really friendly, the bus drivers are a little mad and the taxi drivers even madder. One day we were at the bus stop when a taxi pulled up - a 7-seater which had the driver and two passengers already in and he told us to get in. You will also come across idiots trying to tell you that you've won money but in order to get it you have to get a taxi - which they pay for - back to some hotel where they will then no doubt offer you a timeshare or something.

(Original post by magnad)
Paphos airport is crap going back home, it's just complete chaos too many people not enough seats.
:ditto:

It was about 10-11pm when we were at departures and it was absolutely packed. There were queues everywhere, hardly anywhere to sit and just people everywhere. Plus this was at the time when all the extra security got brought in meaning time spent searching people, and then when we got through to the part before you get the bus to the plane it was even more packed in there and we had to stand up for ages.

Cyprus really is amazing, great for getting a tan, great for relaxing, great for food. Pretty much great for everything, and if you don't enjoy it, you're weird. :p: Just make sure to wear plenty of sun cream (especially considering Cyprus might be getting the heatwave soon), and drink plenty of water. There are some lovely resteraunts/bars around the Poseidonus Avenue area too, and a little chippy near the Avanti Hotel which has the biggest and nicest fish I have ever tasted! I just about eat it all.

I want to go back now! Where are you staying? I stayed at the Avanti Village. Loved it.
Fruitcakex
Rep:
?
Im staying at Coral Bay, and this heatwave better come for when im there!Im going on the 26th August for a week, and i can't waitttttttttt!My general aim for this holiday is to lie in the sun all day, and have some good food I am determined to get the deepest darkest tan everrr! Im soooo exciteddd! x
x_beth_x
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Enjoy your stay..ive only got 2 weeks left!!!!!!!!! Make sure you take loads of insect stuff with you or youll get eaten alive at the moment!!!!!!!!

Paphos airport has got better as theyre extending it and now...theres 2 coffee places instead of 1...ooo the luxury

xxx
Horatio Caine
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Anyone in Paphos at the moment: I stayed at the Avanti Village which is on Poesiedon Avenue, there is a bar at the end of the complex called the Fiesta Bar and around that (when I was there) was buildings that were built but nothing inside them. They should be finished by now and I want to know what they are. :p: Anyone know?
Fruitcakex
Rep:
?
ooo is it mozzie season or something???I always end up with like a million bites by the end of the hols lol. just looked at it on google earth and it looks amazingg! x
blonde_barnsley_boy
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by 994504)
a You will also come across idiots trying to tell you that you've won money but in order to get it you have to get a taxi - which they pay for - back to some hotel where they will then no doubt offer you a timeshare or something.
Do you mean those scratch cards which say you've won something? You usually get two, one which says you've won something, and one which says you haven't won anything.

.[/QUOTE]
There are some lovely resteraunts/bars around the Poseidonus Avenue area too, and a little chippy near the Avanti Hotel which has the biggest and nicest fish I have ever tasted! I just about eat it all. .[/QUOTE]

Do you mean that chippy which says best fish and chips in Cyprus? If it is that one then you're right, they have massive fish.
Horatio Caine
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by blonde_barnsley_boy)
Do you mean those scratch cards which say you've won something? You usually get two, one which says you've won something, and one which says you haven't won anything.

Do you mean that chippy which says best fish and chips in Cyprus? If it is that one then you're right, they have massive fish.
Yeah, them stupid scratchcards. :mad:

It might be, it they were the best fish and chips I've ever tasted anyway.
pumpkin7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i went years ago, stayed in the King Jason Hotel. lovely it was. the manager was incredible. always there to greet people and sort out problems. we had a great big bush in front of our balcony. my mom complained, and the manager himself came and cut it down lol!
also, cats. there are cats everywhere! someone we were talking to the one day had a cat have kittens on her balcony.

what is there to do in paphos? i forget. i was only about 10. my boyfriend wants to go somewhere 'hot' so y'know, this seems ideal... or somewhere in spain.
Manalishi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I went to the Paphos Amathus when I was about 8 ish. Paphos is a really nice place and I think it is there that there is a tree with handkerchiefs tied all over it?
sophie89
Report 11 years ago
i went to cyprus the other week with my friend. loved it and it was really really hot. food is ridiculously cheap!!which can only be a good thing!
paphos aphrodite water park is fun on a hot day (theres a bus to get there...buses cheap 2)...just watch out for the over friendly lifegaurd in the tiny tiny speedos *shudders*
you'll love it, great place! x
Fruitcakex
Rep:
?
this may sound stupid but is the water in the water park cold cos i hateee cold water! or is it good cold water, as in its an amazingly hot place at the moment and its nice to go in cold water?? [sorry to confuse!]
Fruitcakex
Rep:
?
Just thought i would randomly say : I AM SOOOO EXCITED x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1621)
79.15%
Leave (427)
20.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise