Turn on thread page Beta

Paphos, Cyprus watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I now can't go to Cyprus anymore because of family stuff

ReputationRep:
    well i will enjoy it twice as much for you! :] EXCITED!im starting to pck my suitcase already and ive got like 3 weeks hahah x

ReputationRep:
    I just got back from the Paphos area early this morning (after a very long delay as Manchester airport got flooded :mad: ). My second time there and it is fantastic. You'll have no worries about it not being hot enough to get a tan. Even end of August you can get up at 7am and it is hot from the minute you wake up until you go to sleep. The weather was often 38 degrees as a norm, and sometimes hotter. It is more like what are you going to do to stop yourself getting too tanned! I hate sitting in the sun doing nothing and with no effort whatsoever I have managed to get a really dark tan. Just make sure you use sun cream otherwise you will burn and then peel. I'm really cold in England now.

I've been to Cyprus twice now and travelled to most of the non turkish side of the island now. Coral Bay is probably the nicest sandy beach and the sea has no jellyfish at all.

The food everywhere in Cyprus is very cheap and the people are so friendly so make sure you eat out a lot! Make sure you try the kleftiko (a sort of lamb slow cooked) and halloumi (cheese). There are lots of english dominated places like 'fat mamas' but we found this to be overpriced and the food was just as nice in other places without the huge queue to get in. On the other hand Paphos is extremely overpriced for just about everything else. All the supermarkets are way too expensive so if you aren't in a hotel then make the small journey a bit further up into the mountains where it is much cheaper.

To Fruitcakex: As the sun is so hot in Cyprus all the pools are like tepid if you know what I mean, but not at all like you have to get in there and take some time to get used to it. Same in the waterpark. Please don't lie in the sun all day though. For starters you won't be able to handle it as the heat is so intense, and secondly, no matter how much sunscreen you put on you will get sunstroke if you do that on you first day. For your first day I wouldn't sit in the sun for longer than an hour and make an effort to sit in the shade.

ReputationRep:
    I think Cyprus is possibly one of the most over-rated places ever to go on holiday. I've been twice and have no desire to go back to be honest. It has excellent hotels (Paphos), no question, but that's about it. The beaches are disappointing, it's not picturesque whatsoever apart from in the troodos mountains.

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends cam back from Cyprus the other day and she said at one point it was 57 degrees!Is this true?!I may fry!xxx

ReputationRep:
    The hottest temperature ever recorded is 56.7c I can promise you that it won't be that hot there, but it should be hot

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it's usually about mid 30's, not 57!

ReputationRep:
    Well only got tomorrow to go and then i go away Cant wait! x

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.