The Student Room Group

Edexcel Economics A Official Thread 2017

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, does anyone know or remember any questions in the edexcel 2017 microeconomics OR Macroeconomics paper? Or like what topic is in the test(essay questions). Thanks so much
Hey guys, does anyone know or remember any questions in the Edexcel 2017 microeconomics OR Macroeconomics paper? Or like what topic is in the test(short question and essay questions). Thanks so much
So what uni you guys at then? Or what you guys up to now?

Imagine the stress last year and think loooooooooooooool!!
Original post by StatsGuru
So what uni you guys at then? Or what you guys up to now?

Imagine the stress last year and think loooooooooooooool!!

Ahahaha same, just logged in and am so happy with where I am. xD
Guys which case studies are you using for the development unit? Can anyone recommend sites to do research on? Thanks
Original post by Demesne7
Guys does anyone know if we're supposed to understand MRP in labour markets? The specfification doesn't mention it but it's featured in the textbook, as well as tutor2u resources/econplusdal etc
help???? (its not an easy concept so idk whether i should dedicate time trying to understand it or just move on bc im rly behind with notes aha)

thanks!

Everything that's on the specification is what you'll be tested on. I'd probably make sure with your teacher actually, but it might be good to have knowledge of it.
Original post by Zxyn
Hey, I used section A from all past papers, they were helpful so were some of the IAL past papers for economics especially for unit 2 since the new paper had multiple choice unlike the old one. For section B I got my hand on some adjusted papers, that is past papers from the old spec updated with the new marking structure. It won't Make that much of a difference if you follow the old marking structure tho, if you PM your email I can get those papers across

Hi is it still possible that you can still send me this?
Do u guys apply real life examples in the short-medium size questions or just the 25 mark essay?
Reply 2188
Original post by Demesne7
Do u guys apply real life examples in the short-medium size questions or just the 25 mark essay?

It's best to use the extracts/question as much as possible in the shorter questions but you still get marks if you use real life examples (just a risk of less marks because your example might be a bit far-fetched)
Original post by guyr
It's best to use the extracts/question as much as possible in the shorter questions but you still get marks if you use real life examples (just a risk of less marks because your example might be a bit far-fetched)

Perfect thanks :smile: also, may I ask, how many country case studieds are you studying for the macro unit (I’m practically self teaching and not sure how many / or which countries to focus on!) thanks xxx
This is last years thread, why not make your own 2018 thread and get it promoted here so you can share up to date materials and resources.
Original post by mapotts53
You will find past papers and some model answers on my website at: http://aleveleconomicssuccess.com/new-spec
Hope you find them useful.

thank you!! really really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending