The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Business Studies Official Thread 2017

Scroll to see replies

Still haven't started revising. Don't need that much for themes 1 and 2. the last paper possibly
How is everyone revising questions and exam technique ?
Reply 62
Haven't started revising for any business yet but i plan to go through the content and highlight advantages/disadvantages as well as links/evaluation points. Also to do essays.
How is everyone finding it? Paper 3 seems a general concern amongst us all
BTW im doing edexcel
The health and fitness context
Original post by TS21
Haven't started revising for any business yet but i plan to go through the content and highlight advantages/disadvantages as well as links/evaluation points. Also to do essays.
BTW im doing edexcel

I'm naturally good at business but I still hate that paper 3. Luckily my teacher bought a health a fitness prep thingy from tutor2u for £60. Doubt I'll read it till the night before
Original post by TS21
BTW im doing edexcel

What gorge subjects are you doing
Original post by AllanSmith22
I'm naturally good at business but I still hate that paper 3. Luckily my teacher bought a health a fitness prep thingy from tutor2u for £60. Doubt I'll read it till the night before

You mind sharing it mate?
Reply 67
Anyone want to revise for Business together?
Original post by beanmaker
You mind sharing it mate?

I'll see if there's an online version or something that i can share
Original post by AllanSmith22

Stop complaining, I'm sure you will do fine in that exam. If you are good, nothing can stop you 😀😀
Hiya! This exam thread is great - I've added it to the Exam Thread Directory 2017 :h:

If you see any other exam threads threads that aren't in the directory yet - let me know by either tagging me in, or linking it in the directory and I can add it in! You can also find discussions for your other exams there.

If any of your other exams aren't on there yet - feel free to make the exam thread for it yourself :excited:

Good luck in your exams :eek3:
How come you're still doing on spec ?
(edited 6 years ago)
Okay so I'm sure we all have done the specimen papers and know what came on last year. So can we guys take time and write down topics that haven't been tested. How's everyone preparing for paper 3. Has anyone done that tutor2u mock test
In my opinion, the toughest thing for us will be nailing the exam technique; Knowledge, Application, Analysis and Evaluation. Personally, I think that for me, timing will be my only problem since the technique has been really drilled into my way of writing. As for content, I think that it's not really "hard" as such. I take Economics which ties in with the A2 content. Themes 1 and 2 will just be a case of flicking back over past notes if I'm honest. The case studies often show obvious answers anyway.
Original post by SubZero~
In my opinion, the toughest thing for us will be nailing the exam technique; Knowledge, Application, Analysis and Evaluation. Personally, I think that for me, timing will be my only problem since the technique has been really drilled into my way of writing. As for content, I think that it's not really "hard" as such. I take Economics which ties in with the A2 content. Themes 1 and 2 will just be a case of flicking back over past notes if I'm honest. The case studies often show obvious answers anyway.

What's you doing technique? Mines knowledge, then two adv and two disadvantages and then evaluation.
What's you doing technique? Mines knowledge, then two adv and two disadvantages and then evaluation.

For the 20 marker, I tend to go for 2 points with developed chains of reasoning applied in context, which are both evaluated and are counters to the original points, and then I set out my evaluation in detail.
Reply 76
hey guyysssss
im ressitting business unit1 edexcel tmrr
any predictionss??
For the 20 marker, I tend to go for 2 points with developed chains of reasoning applied in context, which are both evaluated and are counters to the original points, and then I set out my evaluation in detail.

What about the 8,10,12?
What about the 8,10,12?

8 marks - 2 points, countered.
10 marks - 2 points, countered with developed evaluation.
12 marks - 2 points, countered with evaluation + a conclusion (paragraph potentially talking about short term/long term impacts or significance)
8 marks - 2 points, countered.
10 marks - 2 points, countered with developed evaluation.
12 marks - 2 points, countered with evaluation + a conclusion (paragraph potentially talking about short term/long term impacts or significance)

So 2 adv then 2 adv? And what did you get for your AS, and you done anywork on the pre release, my teacher just got a massive booklet which is toooo long

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending