Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Im looking to apply to warwick for econ.

Got 10 a stars at GCSE/ iGSCE as well as an a in a short course.

I take maths economics biology and chemistry for a level. Only maths has an as and i just got an a in that.

My predictions are a star for biology and a in all the other three.

What do you think my chances are?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    you aren't looking at oxbridge? Avg Oxford (successful) applicant has 8A* v your 10 A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James David)
    you aren't looking at oxbridge? Avg Oxford (successful) applicant has 8A* v your 10 A*
    Not really mainly because ive heard oxbridge econ is very maths based and i dont take further maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMM123)
    Not really mainly because ive heard oxbridge econ is very maths based and i dont take further maths.
    You don't need further maths at oxford and the degree is half about management(its called economics and management) or you could try cambridge which is pure econ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James David)
    You don't need further maths at oxford and the degree is half about management(its called economics and management) or you could try cambridge which is pure econ
    Yes you do...

ReputationRep:
    So in response to my question do u think i have a chance with warwick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Yes you do...
    No you don't. Check the website.

OP, since the standard offer is A*AA with an A in Maths, yes of course you have a chance. They may prefer the A* to be in Maths rather than Biology, but you do meet the minimum requirements so an offer is possible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.