Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by alevelstudentt:))
    Greetings everyone,I am in my last year of schooling, and from 2017 Aug/Sept I will have to start my university though I am still clueless how to go about it. To first with, I am from India and I want to pursue my higher education in USA thats where I dream of.My interest lies within films, acting, media. I want to be an actor and a director. Sometimes even I like to write stories too. I am not sure what course I should apply to ..which college I should aim for. Nothing in my mind. Can anyone to help me clear this mess and guide me? I will be thankful
    Let's try this in the North America section.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anybody is going to narrow down from 4000+ universities for you. To be honest, you need to do a little bit of preliminary research and come back with a shortlist or a more specific question. If this is your dream, you'll be able to find the time to do so.

Off the top of my head, though, it would be very difficult for you to apply with only a year until your start date.

ReputationRep:
    The top end acting/drama schools will be based in NYC, and to a lesser extent, LA. You'll have to do your own research there, because there are a lot of good schools. I doubt many of us on TSR have knowledge of them. Also, if you want to go into film/drama, you better have a good portfolio to back it up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.