Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically my brother is often selfish and a massive narcissist. He refuses me to use anything that he bought, and when he uses it kicks me of it the moment he wants to use it. He sends me to get him things that he could have got himself, or to get him something that is a meter or less from where he is.:dry::hmmm::hmpf:

The ironic thing is that he calls me selfish. He has no patience and so when he asks me to do something and i say "Just wait until i finish this" he remains persistent and forces me to do it, and if i say no he makes a threat or declines the use of something he has more possession over, like our Playstation.:catfight:

And it's not just this. He talks to my mum and me disrespectfully, but not my other brother and Dad because they are the less social people of the family (i mean like super quiet, and that's coming from an introvert). My Mum and Dad are relatively ignorant about technology and some aspects of western culture & so when they talk about it my brother is somewhat egotistical and he arrogant about it.:argh:

In my opinion he attains such a massive level of hypocrisy that it is both annoying and laughable. He says something like "You need to do research on universities and find out what you should do before you get into your University course" but with a tone of condescension. When i actually put this into practice he is like "Hmm your worrying about your University course?" and judges me for doing so, when he was actually the one who recently said to my mum "I realized that i did not want to do [Insert University Course Here] but Computer Science instead". When he claims i am selfish, it's mostly in a scenario where he has been selfish and so i do something to pay him back. He is extremely judgmental about my character:judge::judge: and puts the fault of every situation on me rather then take responsibility for something he started.:unimpressed:

Now i could talk to him, but he usually laughs when i give my opinion. He already has this preconceived notion that i am selfish, extremely ignorant about University, lazy and that i cannot admit that i am wrong, when i am often less than this but he actually conforms to such a lifestyle.:mad:

Now his behavior towards me and my mum has become so annoying that i want to deprive him of his gaming enjoyment in order to teach him a lesson. I wan't to hide a bunch of video games for the next six weeks so he can't play them for the 4 weeks he will be at home and for every moment he is back. Would it be selfish to do this to my brother?:confused:

Note: This actually isn't a troll. It may be trivial but this what my life actually is like. Yeah :sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh:
    EDIT: SORRY FOR THE RANT BTW.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.samaritans.org

ReputationRep:
    Its not selfish...

This thread is weird tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Its not selfish...

This thread is weird tho
    Haha. I know it is.

ReputationRep:
    i c

ReputationRep:
    Revenge is never the answer. Talk to him about his behaviour or have you mum talk to him about it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.