Newquay Watch

tipp-ex
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Are they strict on ID and can anyone recommend any decent bars/clubs? Any info on nightlife would be helpful!
claireabelle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
very strict. me and my friends were eighteen when we went and we got asked for id everywhere, a few of my lad mates went the year before that and they couldnt go everywhere because some of them werent eighteen.

think it depends how strict the place is and how old you look really though although you should be prepared to be asked for it.

berties is really good both the bar and the nightclub, barracuda aswell, id stay away from tall trees its soo hot in there you can hardly breath. if its your first time there though id say you have to try everywhere.
angel_flo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes they are really strict, especially at this time of year, and to be honest, it's so obvious who the crowds of 16/17 year olds are. If you do manage to get in anywhere is good, except I would say Tall Trees is really really chavvy! Berties have an under 18s night on a Tuesday as well which as far as I could tell was really popular, the queue must have had about 200 people in it. There are so many young people around though you will have a brilliant time in Newqs even if you don't go clubbing!
brockham
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Beach Party's are ****ing good. And the lodge where i stayed allowed you to partay in the bit downstairs.
I went like 2 weeks ago and it was one of the best weeks of my life. So much fun. I hate being back home!
Music_Enthusiast
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Why not check out Porthemmet beach? Its great. http://porthemmet.com/
tipp-ex
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hey Shreerac27, what is so great about this beach!? And, is it near to Newquay?! Thanks for your help!
Alexii
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol Porthemmet is a hoax!
Music_Enthusiast
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Alexii)
Lol Porthemmet is a hoax!
Uh yeah nice one for spoiling the joke.
alexdg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I went about 3 weeks ago. Staying at Cribber Green rooms, and it was great! Alot of drugs and fights tho... had weed, E and coke taken in my room by others which i wernt happy about! Get down to Fistral beach tho cos thats awsume!!! And no matter ur age, if the cops see you drinking in public, even on the beach then u get stopped. Im 18 and had my beer poured away !! Go to Tall Trees for the wet t shirt comp though!!!

Im sure ull have a wkd time!
sparkler
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Shreerac27)
Uh yeah nice one for spoiling the joke.
i don't get it....|
Music_Enthusiast
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sparkler)
i don't get it....|
You have to be Cornish to understand really.
angel_flo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Haha porthemmet beach...just go north and you'll find it.
The$W£D£
Report 11 years ago
Foam party at Beach Club is awsome!
angel_flo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Porthemmet beach is better than the beach club trust me
philgw
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by angel_flo)
Porthemmet beach is better than the beach club trust me
Anything's better than the beach, even a fake beach to trick tourists :P

Fairplay, more of cornwall is lovely, I can see why you don't want anywhere else down there to end up like Newquay
vet in the making
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by The$W£D£)
Foam party at Beach Club is awsome!
:dito:

Advice: don't go alone, if you are short keep tight hold of your mate's shirts 'cos you wont be seeing, breathing, or eating anything other than foam until they turn the canon's off!
Flash6289
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by vet in the making)
:dito:

Advice: don't go alone, if you are short keep tight hold of your mate's shirts 'cos you wont be seeing, breathing, or eating anything other than foam until they turn the canon's off!
Indeed. A couple of my mates ended up choking on the foam, haha. They need to learn foam party etiquette me thinks; you keep your gob shut! lol.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.59%
No (554)
60.95%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise