BTEC Subsidiary Business Level 3 Help Please (Thanks)

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am going to be studying BTEC Subsidiary Business Level 3 this year and I need some guidance to know more about the course itself, because I am planning to aim for a Distinction grade. If anyone have knowledge about this course, it would be great you shared them please.

I have a few Questions.
    1) Is this a 1 Year Course?
    2) Is this equivalent to 1 A-level?
    3) Tips for Distinction Grade? How difficult is it? Any secrets?
    4) Does decent or average Universities accept this course as equivalent to 1 A Level? (No Oxbridge)

It would be great if anyone that have knowledge of this course help me, it would help a lot and show how much of a kind person you are .

ReputationRep:
    Also, I can do 2 A-Levels courses after the end of this BTEC course right? (If this BTEC is worth 1 A-Level). Then this would mean I get 3 worth of A-Level qualifications by the time I finish all of them taking about 3 years. The only reason I am taking BTEC not A-Levels this year is because of GCSE issues but that's irrelevant to my question anyways...

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have just completed Business Level 3 BTEC.
    Yes it is equivalent to 1 Alevel.
    The course its self is not hard. It is a lot of research and can be quite repetitive. I had 47% attendance at college and have finished with Distinction* Distinction* in a Business Diploma. Initially I was doing subsidiary but opted to do the full diploma just 5 months before the end of college.
    Decent unis do accept BTECS. I did BTEC Level 3 Applied Science, Business and Art and design and was accepted into UCL, York, Manchester and Nottingham.

If you need any help with regards to formatting your work etc. pm me. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    1) Is this a 1 Year Course? Our sixth form completes it in one year
    2) Is this equivalent to 1 A-level? Yes this is why so many people do it, going into year 13 already having an "A-level" , boosts their confidence
    3) Tips for Distinction Grade? How difficult is it? Any secrets? Not hard work just need self-motivation as sometimes you feel your covering the same content just to ensure your clearly meeting the spec. Meet your teachers deadlines so they can review and give you tips !
    4) Does decent or average Universities accept this course as equivalent to 1 A Level? (No Oxbridge) UCAS points are the same as a normal A-level. Not many use the tariff any more so you MUST check specific uni's entry requirements to see if they accept your particular BTEC.

Good Luck
    Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayax)
    Hey I have just completed Business Level 3 BTEC.
    Yes it is equivalent to 1 Alevel.
    The course its self is not hard. It is a lot of research and can be quite repetitive. I had 47% attendance at college and have finished with Distinction* Distinction* in a Business Diploma. Initially I was doing subsidiary but opted to do the full diploma just 5 months before the end of college.
    Decent unis do accept BTECS. I did BTEC Level 3 Applied Science, Business and Art and design and was accepted into UCL, York, Manchester and Nottingham.

If you need any help with regards to formatting your work etc. pm me. Hope this helps.
    Alright, thanks man. Nice to know you didn't find it hard, hopefully I will not find it hard as well although everyone is at a different level. I wouldn't mind some assistance if I need some help with my work so it's great you are open to helping

I'm a little curious of 47% of attendance you had at college. Did you find it easy you didn't need to attend the classes? Your College don't care about your attendance? Sorry I haven't started College just yet so I am not familiar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    1) Is this a 1 Year Course? Our sixth form completes it in one year
    2) Is this equivalent to 1 A-level? Yes this is why so many people do it, going into year 13 already having an "A-level" , boosts their confidence
    3) Tips for Distinction Grade? How difficult is it? Any secrets? Not hard work just need self-motivation as sometimes you feel your covering the same content just to ensure your clearly meeting the spec. Meet your teachers deadlines so they can review and give you tips !
    4) Does decent or average Universities accept this course as equivalent to 1 A Level? (No Oxbridge) UCAS points are the same as a normal A-level. Not many use the tariff any more so you MUST check specific uni's entry requirements to see if they accept your particular BTEC.

Good Luck
    Lee
    Thanks for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vincent29)
    Alright, thanks man. Nice to know you didn't find it hard, hopefully I will not find it hard as well although everyone is at a different level. I wouldn't mind some assistance if I need some help with my work so it's great you are open to helping

I'm a little curious of 47% of attendance you had at college. Did you find it easy you didn't need to attend the classes? Your College don't care about your attendance? Sorry I haven't started College just yet so I am not familiar.
    No, I was very ill so attending was difficult. You will be fine you will be taught all the information you need to complete your assignments anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Kayax are you still there? I started my Sub Dip Business course but my teacher says this is worth 2 A-levels and the course will take 2 years. I am a bit confused. Is two distinction grades you get worth 2 A-levels grades? How many units did you did in a year?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.