Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Church of England bishops declares that he is gay and in a relationship Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37257005

Do you feel that he should stay in his position, despite how homosexuality is viewed in Christianity? Or should he resign?

As far as I know, homosexual relations are forbidden in the New Testament.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If he really is being celibate, then there's no conflict of interest and he can - and should - remain in his current position :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I just think though, what does he think when he's reading the bible every day and see what God has written about homosexuals and how they should be treated

ReputationRep:
    with who? a little boy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    with who? a little boy?
    Giggity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Do you feel that he should stay in his position, despite how homosexuality is viewed in Christianity? Or should he resign?

Christians of course have a variety of views about homosexuality, there is no one view. Most forms of Christianity of course do not hold the Bible to be inerrant, even the New Testament.

I really don't give a toss. I think it's an utter hypocrisy that he has to live a celibate life (assuming of course that he doesn't want to). Still, what he gets up to in the bedroom are of little interest to me and I wish him well in his episcopally activities.

ReputationRep:
    Happy days, praise the fabulous lord

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37257005

Protestant "Churches" are a comeady. No wonder the Anglican Church attend only 100,000 people on sundays.

Britain is a cucked and subhuman nation. If it really wants to be sucural than the Queen should stop beinf the head of the church.

Hitler was right when he bombed you. I pray for every family that lost a member in Operation Sea Lion. UK first declared war on Germany, so she asked for bombs that are now found throughout the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slaven)
    Protestant "Churches" are a comeady. No wonder the Anglican Church attend only 100,000 people on sundays.

Britain is a cucked and subhuman nation. If it really wants to be sucural than the Queen should stop beinf the head of the church.

Hitler was right when he bombed you. I pray for every family that lost a member in Operation Sea Lion. UK first declared war on Germany, so she asked for bombs that are now found throughout the UK.
    Counter Reformation "Jesuit" infiltration screwed up the Church of England.

http://amazingdiscoveries.org/RT_enc...uncil-of-Trent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDailyMan)
    Counter Reformation "Jesuit" infiltration screwed up the Church of England.

http://amazingdiscoveries.org/RT_enc...uncil-of-Trent
    Explain detailed. The Jesuits or any other catholich order has no influence on UK if I am correct.

I am glad Germans bombed the hell out of conventry. Inernational Anglo-Sayxonary is the most evil in the world. I spik on the grave of every UK soldier dies in WW2.

ReputationRep:
    I am glad Germans bombed the hell out of conventry. Inernational Anglo-Sayxonary is the most evil in the world. I spik on the grave of every UK soldier dies in WW2.
    Name:  544.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  51.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Explain detailed. The Jesuits or any other catholich order has no influence on UK if I am correct.

http://www.ianpaisley.org/article.asp?ArtKey=jesuits
    http://www.jesuit.org.uk/mission-and-aims

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be a british patriot. Since UK is a protestant nation it is normally that it is suspicious to everything catholic.

Let me tell you as a Catholic. Your disgusting nations has illegally removed a dynasty from Britain during the "Glorious revolution". A british king has devouted to be a catholic monarchy so you removed him. The Jesuits are just cring to correct this error.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be a british patriot. Since UK is a protestant nation it is normally that it is suspicious to everything catholic.

Let me tell you as a Catholic. Your disgusting nations has illegally removed a dynasty from Britain during the "Glorious revolution". A british king has devouted to be a catholic monarchy so you removed him. The Jesuits are just cring to correct this error.
    The Stuarts had the rightful claim to the throne based on inheritance(personally I'm indifferent to the monarchy so don't really care).

Forgetting religion they stood for an autocratic monarchy which would never be acceptable to the people after the civil war.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.