Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm worried that I'll seem like a chav if I wear hooped earnings at a top uni in the uk
    What do you think?
    Can I also add, I don't ever wear trainers or sports clothing and I always wea nice clothing

ReputationRep:
    wear what you want regardless of what anyone thinks

those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    Don't wear hooped earrings if you're worried?

Just wear what you want, it doesn't even matter anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Girl, wear those hoops and rock them.

ReputationRep:
    They don't want you to wear hoop earring. Wear the hoop earrings.

(Original post by Inexorably)
    wear what you want regardless of what anyone thinks

those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
    I know but I'm going to a 'posh' uni, well Birmingham is seen as posh.
    And some people are so stereotypical I don't want them to not take me seriously
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Lol oh well? Sounds like you want to do things just to impress others, don't do that

ReputationRep:
    I know but I'm going to a 'posh' uni, well Birmingham is seen as posh.
    Let me assure you, Birmingham is not posh lol

(Original post by saraxh)
    They don't want you to wear hoop earring. Wear the hoop earrings.
    I know I just don't want people to avoid me

(Original post by IDontKnowReally)
    Let me assure you, Birmingham is not posh lol
    Isn't the uni posh?

(Original post by UWS)
    Lol oh well? Sounds like you want to do things just to impress others, don't do that
    That is actually quite true,
    I hold too much value in other people's opinion because im afraid of being disliked and alone.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the uni posh?
    Not too sure as to how an actual university can be posh. If you mean the people there, then you're going to find all sorts. I don't think you wearing hoop earrings will make anyone come to the conclusion that you're a chav.

ReputationRep:
    Just wear it. If anything, it's a good experiment to see how you'll react to the judgement.

(Original post by IDontKnowReally)
    Not too sure as to how an actual university can be posh. If you mean the people there, then you're going to find all sorts. I don't think you wearing hoop earrings will make anyone come to the conclusion that you're a chav.
    The thing is though, I don't like the way I talk. I seem to thing like I talk like such a working class person

ReputationRep:
    I doubt that people are reading that much into your earrings but either way I see a lot of girls who aren't chavs wearing hoops.

Hoop earrings are cute, you should go for it! 😄

ReputationRep:
    If it makes you happy wear them. You may appear different, as people might be wearing simple earrings,but at the end of the day you are wearing them for yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by bikiniikilll)
    If it makes you happy wear them. You may appear different, as people might be wearing simple earrings,but at the end of the day you are wearing them for yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know but I just don't want to seem to different and labelled a chav so that no one will talk to me

ReputationRep:
    I know but I just don't want to seem to different and labelled a chav so that no one will talk to me
    I will assure you, there will be hundreds of others wearing all sorts of clothing and accessories that will make you question yourself. So I wouldn't worry with wearing hoop earrings and worrying if you look like a chav towards other people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.