Parking problems Watch

Skittles
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I have been learning to drive for about 6 months now, and i still have extreme problems with parking. I just cant get the hang of it. Im never going to pass at this rate. Any ways i could make it easier for myself. My instructor says i over analyse.
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Think about what your actions will do before you do them.
Think more, **** up less.
upagumtree
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As I recall,I as still working on my parking after 6 months of lessons.Do you mean parking in general or a particular type,like parallel etc?
Some people get on better with parking than others just try and go in with a positive attitude and not "omg I'm not going to be able to do this right" and put your mind to it.It'll come,just stick at it.
mooncheese89
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^^^ Yeah don't worry, parking is a weak spot for a lot of people, and it will come. I passed my test just over 3 months ago and still can't park :p: I can when there's no other cars around but when it comes to parking in between two other cars in a bay I cannot do it haha. Just keep on practicing, it will click eventually! Good luck
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
... just dont practice between any of my cars. Ta.
magnum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If its bay park.... lower your wing mirrors so you can see the white line when it appears

Slowly reverse (snails pace), turning when needed

Obviously check back window etc for observations

Look in the wing mirrors so you know whether to adjust the steering to the left or right to get in the bay etc
Ang|ophi|e
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yesterday I got my permit. And I nearly rear-ended myself into another car while parking. Practice makes perfect I say...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (541)
80.27%
Leave (133)
19.73%

Watched Threads