UWC Applicants for 2017-2019

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

My name is Tatev and i'm from Armenia but I live in the US. I'm very excited to apply to UWC this year. Application deadline is in a little more than a month so I just wanted to see where you guys are at. Hopefully, some of you will join this thread and we can help each other along the way. Let's do this!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I too am applying this year from India!
    Extremely excited and a wee bit nervous...I have just submitted my application form and now I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    By the way which is your preferred college?Mine is the one in India followed by the one in Germany.

ReputationRep:
    hey even I am applying this year and I am from India!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying from HK! I am worried looking at what other people have done VS what I have done with my life and yet HK's applications aren't even open yet. My priorities are UWC India, UWC Mostar and UWC Costa Rica. How are your applications going?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for a UWC from HK too! I'm verrry hyped now that the application forms are out (we're doing it on an online platform--is it the same as you guys?) My top four preferences are LPC, Pearson, RCN and the Changshu UWC. I'm going to the LPCUWC Open Day this saturday to see if I can ask the alumni more about all the UWC colleges, though, so my choices might change if I find that a certain UWC seems to fit me better.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my name's Jasmine and I'm applying from the UK! I'm really nervous about how my application went; I didn't write it as well as I could have, so I'm hoping, wishing and even praying (to the surprise of my Christian mother and Muslim grandmother) that I make it to interview day. I'm really hoping that if they ask my references, my teachers will say nice stuff about me. I think they will, but like, I really hope they can show them that I would be a good student for UWC. My preferred college would be Pearson, in Canada or Red Cross, but any would be great. However my parents made a list of countries they're happy for me to go to. Ironically, they're happier about me going to Norway than Wales, even though there's a whole sea between us and Europe. But hey, my parents are odd!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

I'm Irish/British/South African and I've just applied via the British committee. I am so unbelievably excited and apprehensive, I would so love to get in even though it's probably unlikely. I've lived in South Africa and Spain too and I'd love to be in a school with other multicultural people.. My preferences would probably be Costa Rica, Swaziland and India. The UK applications ended in October and they're supposed to be notifying us of interviews this month so I am frantically checking my email every day >.<

Has anyone else been told if they've been given an interview from Britain?

Also UWC have just announced the new school will be in Japan. Will that mean we would be the first UWC year group or is this only starting the year after?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SootyGirl)
    Hi everyone!

I'm Irish/British/South African and I've just applied via the British committee. I am so unbelievably excited and apprehensive, I would so love to get in even though it's probably unlikely. I've lived in South Africa and Spain too and I'd love to be in a school with other multicultural people.. My preferences would probably be Costa Rica, Swaziland and India. The UK applications ended in October and they're supposed to be notifying us of interviews this month so I am frantically checking my email every day >.<

Has anyone else been told if they've been given an interview from Britain?

Also UWC have just announced the new school will be in Japan. Will that mean we would be the first UWC year group or is this only starting the year after?
    Yo, I'm British too!
    I think we're getting results sometime in the next two weeks as it said they'd come out around mid November. And same, I would love to go, although it's a bit unlikely. I hadn't heard about the new school in Japan, but that would be amazing to go to! I've just checked their website and they are now officially a UWC school, so I'm guessing this means we would be eligible for a place!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm María and I'm from Spain. I'm applying this year for the first time, and i'm extremely nervous, because Spain is the country with the least amount of scholarships. My preferred colleges are Pearson or Red Cross. I'm praying I get a scholarship! Do you guys have any tips for the application/interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariacanton)
    Hi! I'm María and I'm from Spain. I'm applying this year for the first time, and i'm extremely nervous, because Spain is the country with the least amount of scholarships. My preferred colleges are Pearson or Red Cross. I'm praying I get a scholarship! Do you guys have any tips for the application/interview?
    Hey, those are my preferred colleges! I've been reading through other blogs and threads and I think you just need to be yourself for the whole thing. This applies at interviews too. You should also try and stay up to date with current affairs, as I know in the UK they have an assessment day, where people do activities and games together and discuss world issues. For the actual interview you should be honest and open and try to interact with other people there as much as possible. Have you read your national committees guidelines and their general plans for how they accept applications? From what I've read (through google translate mind you) you also need to create a social project, of which you will be given the instructions for. Also on the activity weekend you don't just have interviews; you also have to take a general knowledge test and a psychological test. Oh, and you mentioned needing a scholarship. The Spanish committee as you've said only have limited scholarships. At least one scholarship goes to applicants with disabilities.

ReputationRep:
    Hey UWC GB applicants, the emails should be out! I didn't make the cut, but did anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Whew, just handed in my application form to the HK committee yesterday. I guess I did...okay...? *shrugs*
    Our next round is an aptitude test in Early December, and all of us who have submitted the application form is required to take the test. I've heard that it's a hard one, so I've got my fingers crossed! XD
    Good luck guys in your applications, no matter which committee you guys are applying to!~

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I have a question. I applied in UWC Serbia and I got into the round two. It's a group interview and it's in 4 days. I'm really scared and I don't know what kind of questions could they ask us. And I was wondering, are they looking for students who know all about those topics they ask or for students who know how to give good advice and who says something smart?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I don't know if it's like UWC GB but my assessment day was really chill and I loved it. We just played some games and there wasn't any pressure or being put on the spot. I wouldn't worry too much just be yourself

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, I'm also applying this year. I'm from portugal, here the application deadline is only on the end of january so i'm still working on it!!
    congratulations for those of you who have been accepted,hope we meet!!
    I am struggling with the extended questions. the first one is about where would open a UWC and why, and in the other one I have to choose a super power... really have no idea what to write, any idea??

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sofia!

I applied this year to the spanish committee (unfortunately didn't get in). If I were you, I would try to link your answers with sustainability and any of the UWC values (you can check them out here: http://www.pearsoncollege.ca/p/?pgn=...y&pn=UWCValues ). If you need more help I'll be happy to help you!

Good Luck,

María

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariacanton)
    Hi Sofia!

I applied this year to the spanish committee (unfortunately didn't get in). If I were you, I would try to link your answers with sustainability and any of the UWC values (you can check them out here: http://www.pearsoncollege.ca/p/?pgn=...y&pn=UWCValues ). If you need more help I'll be happy to help you!

Good Luck,

María
    Thanks for the help!!
    I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get in, you seem like a nice person, proactive and caring. Either way, this is just one of the many opportunities out there. Hope you don't give up. I'm amazed that your committee has already chosen the final candidates, it's a long process. When did your applications open?

I've been thinking about the questions more deeply and I guess I have some ideas, but still not sure they are best ones! If you'd like to hear my ideas just say so...
    Thanks again for the opinion!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mminna)
    Hi guys! I have a question. I applied in UWC Serbia and I got into the round two. It's a group interview and it's in 4 days. I'm really scared and I don't know what kind of questions could they ask us. And I was wondering, are they looking for students who know all about those topics they ask or for students who know how to give good advice and who says something smart?
    I have been informed that in my committee they do debates one the latest news and things going around the world... so I advise you to read about them and think of your opinion on the subject!

Hope this helps, Let me know how it went!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polypuss)
    Hi,
    I too am applying this year from India!
    Extremely excited and a wee bit nervous...I have just submitted my application form and now I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    By the way which is your preferred college?Mine is the one in India followed by the one in Germany.
    I really love the one in Norway and India!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potatotee)
    Whew, just handed in my application form to the HK committee yesterday. I guess I did...okay...? *shrugs*
    Our next round is an aptitude test in Early December, and all of us who have submitted the application form is required to take the test. I've heard that it's a hard one, so I've got my fingers crossed! XD
    Good luck guys in your applications, no matter which committee you guys are applying to!~
    How did it go?? Have you heard back yet?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 22, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.