Turn on thread page Beta

sixth form dress code in all boys schoool - not specific for girls... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My school is part of a consortium of three schools, so in order to be able to do all of my first choice subjects for IB, I have to mvoe aorund to all of them... one of them is an all boys school which accepts girls into sixth form. This school has a very clear strict dress code for the boys (suits) but just asks the girls to dress appropriately, and with no jeans...

well, I'm kinda confused because I've never seen any of the girls who go their either ufll time or for only a few subjects walking around in female suits... On the sxith form conference, a the girls showing us around were really casual in just jeans and stuff.... so I'm kind of confused...

my brother goes there full time, so I asked him, but he was just absolutely useless. he doesn't have a clue about clothes at all and told me to just wear whatever minus the jeans... aksing him what to wear instead..."dunno"

what should i wear? is anyone else in this position/similar...?

lol this is kinda a long post just aksing what to wear, but I do tend to go on a bit...

ReputationRep:
    At my school, which accepts girls for VIth form, but is a boys school all the way from 13-18, there is a reasonably strict dress code for boys (e.g. we must all wear the same jacket, trousers, shoes must be black or brown brogues) with a few personalisations (e.g. Prefects can wear any colour jumper, Upper School can wear Green/Pink (school colour...)/Blue jumpers, Lower school must wear Black jumpers), whereas the Girls have comparably lenient regulations like "Girls may wear suits, or a black/white/pink/blue shirt with dark trousers or dark below knee-length skirt.". So I'd imagine, just to be on the safe side, wear a suit. It's quite common for girls to have relaxed dress regulations, whilst boys are still expected to be identically dressed...

ReputationRep:
    Just look smart in whatever you decide to wear!!

ReputationRep:
    The College I went to had a suits rule for both sexes, but girls could get away with wearing all sorts of things - dodgy trousers, dodgy shoes, dodgy tops, whilst it was basically impossible for the blokes.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as you live in St Albans, i can only think of either the Harpenden Consortium between St Georges, Roundwood and Sir John Lawes or the Sandringham one with the other 2 schools I keep forgetting the names of lol. Though the last time I checked, non of the Harps schools are 'boys' schools which only accept girls for sixth form and the IB is rare, so i assume you're with the other consortium, in which case, it's only necessary to dress neatly and to look smart. Just wear a suit or something, but you don't have to, you can wear a jumper or something or anything as long as it's neat... so no jeans or anything out of the ordinary.

ReputationRep:
    My school on girl's dress:

Girls wear a tailored jacket and tailored skirt (which may be a suit) with blouse or jumper.
    Skirts must be no shorter than mid-thigh length. Trousers are acceptable only as part of a
    tailored suit - jeans, chinos, stretch pants or similar are not acceptable. Jumpers must not
    be longer than the jacket. A dress may be substituted for the skirt and blouse. Footwear
    must be smart. Very pointed toes and stiletto heels are not permitted for reasons of safety.
    Provisions with regard to colour apply equally to both sexes. The opportunity for members
    of the Sixth Form to exercise a measure of personal choice in their dress is to be regarded
    not as a right, but as a privilege and concession, and will be withdrawn from those who
    abuse it.

ReputationRep:
    why dont you wait and see what everybody else wears and on the first day say wear black trousers and a smart top or a knee length skirt then after that you’ll no what everybody else wears as you’ll have seen them in school time.

ReputationRep:
    If you're comfortable with it, just wear a suit. Otherwise, I'd imagine a smart top, smart trousers/reasonable length skirt and smart shoes would be fine.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.