The Student Room Group

Drop Biology for 3 A-Levels or keep all 4 A-Levels?

I'm currently doing Biology Chemistry, Physics and Maths. I need Chemistry and Maths as the core of my A-Levels for what I want to do at Uni. I want to keep my options over so the two types of courses I want to do are:

1. Medicinal/Pharmaceutical Chemistry or Chemistry for Drug Discovery.
2. Chemical Physics

I don't need Biology for Medicinal/Pharmaceutical Chemistry or Chemistry for Drug Discovery but I obviously need Physics for Chemical Physics.

What should I do? Drop Biology or keep it to along Chemistry, Physics and Maths?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PeetaRJ
I'm currently doing Biology Chemistry, Physics and Maths. I need Chemistry and Maths as the core of my A-Levels for what I want to do at Uni. I want to keep my options over so the two types of courses I want to do are:

1. Medicinal/Pharmaceutical Chemistry or Chemistry for Drug Discovery.
2. Chemical Physics

I don't need Biology for Medicinal/Pharmaceutical Chemistry or Chemistry for Drug Discovery but I obviously need Physics for Chemical Physics.

What should I do? Drop Biology or keep it to along Chemistry, Physics and Maths?

From what you've said you don't need Biology for any of the courses.. so perhaps it is worth dropping, just to ensure that you do that little bit better for having less of a workload and more time.
Original post by SeanFM
From what you've said you don't need Biology for any of the courses.. so perhaps it is worth dropping, just to ensure that you do that little bit better for having less of a workload and more time.

Someone please help me. I am currrently doing 4 a levels at a2 and i want to drop one because i cant deal with the stress anymore. I am doing Biology, Maths, Chemistry and psychology. My predicted grades are B in bio and chem and A in maths and psychology. Im thinking of dropping either chemistry or psychology and i need advice on which one to drop. Chemistry is getting really hard and in my recent assessments ive been getting Cs whereas psychology have been A's what shall i do? Im thinking of doing optom at uni.

Quick Reply

Latest