Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I don't know what I did to it. Basically sometimes the left click button won't work. Sometimes the right click button won't work. At the moment it is the right one. The thing is however when one decides to work the other one doesn't. It is a massive nuisance. Please try help me I have been doing research but can't find anything. I have a CClearner free and on windows 7 home premium 64-bit sp1. It is a Samsung. Please help me! If you know someone who can help please tag them. If you need anymore information just ask really frustated!

ReputationRep:
    Had the same thing with my old samsung laptop.... only thing I could do was use a USB mouse. Then lock your laptop's mouse when using it.

ReputationRep:
    Samsung laptops, as-well as laptops in general, can be *******s like that sometimes, no rhythm or rhyme. Have you tried reinstalling the drivers? Thing is, you could end up reinstalling the OS and it might still decide not to work, so easier just to plug in an external mouse. I'd say it's worth reinstalling driver/system restore, otherwise leave it. It sounds like it isn't booting properly, so it could well be the driver, but **** if I know.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh i'm guessing it's a S3520?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanB1991)
    Tbh i'm guessing it's a S3520?

Yes how did you know?!

(Original post by dragonzrmetal)
    Samsung laptops, as-well as laptops in general, can be *******s like that sometimes, no rhythm or rhyme. Have you tried reinstalling the drivers? Thing is, you could end up reinstalling the OS and it might still decide not to work, so easier just to plug in an external mouse. I'd say it's worth reinstalling driver/system restore, otherwise leave it. It sounds like it isn't booting properly, so it could well be the driver, but **** if I know.
    Is there any fix or has the laptop gone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    Yes how did you know?!
    1) They're an incredibly popular samsung laptop... both me and two of my workplaces own one

2) They're getting to the age where things are starting to go wrong on them, mine for example is 5 years old. It's to be expected tbh. If you use your computer regularly, you;d expect parts to break after a certain amount of time after repetitive use. Normally PC mice last 2-4 years.

(Original post by Emz99)
    Is there any fix or has the laptop gone?
    Just get a USB mouse for £5, then use fn + f10 to turn your trackpad + buttons off.... I noticed a week after my right button stopped working unless I did so it would move the page etc. Also you may need to click the right mouse button before using your mouse, but it will otherwise work perfectly and lots better than buying a new laptop.

ReputationRep:
    1) They're an incredibly popular samsung laptop... both me and two of my workplaces own one

2) They're getting to the age where things are starting to go wrong on them, mine for example is 5 years old. It's to be expected tbh. If you use your computer regularly, you;d expect parts to break after a certain amount of time after repetitive use. Normally PC mice last 2-4 years.
    hmmm what do you suggest I do now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    hmmm what do you suggest I do now?
    Look at my last post, updated it.

ReputationRep:
    Look at my last post, updated it.
    Why is there no fix? If lots of people have the same problem maybe there is something wrong with the product? Would you recommend me giving it a factory reset or calling Samsung

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    Why is there no fix? If lots of people have the same problem maybe there is something wrong with the product? Would you recommend me giving it a factory reset or calling Samsung
    Depends if you wanna delete all your data on your laptop or not?

With me it wasn't really an option despite the backup being there. i suppose you could call samsung's support, but keep in mind the laptop is out of warranty.

It could be a problem with the software, but it's more likely to be wear and tear from frequent usage.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if you wanna delete all your data on your laptop or not?

With me it wasn't really an option despite the backup being there. i suppose you could call samsung's support, but keep in mind the laptop is out of warranty.

It could be a problem with the software, but it's more likely to be wear and tear from frequent usage.
    OK thank you. I think I will give a factory reset a chance. If it works I will let you know. Did you see any people who could potentially fix it or did you not bother? I guess using a mouse is a easy fix

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emz99)
    OK thank you. I think I will give a factory reset a chance. If it works I will let you know. Did you see any people who could potentially fix it or did you not bother? I guess using a mouse is a easy fix
    Yeah all my mates are pretty tech savvy with a few who fix pc's for a living, they said factory reset, replacing the parts (unknown if they're available), ringing support or get a mouse.

Not really much else you can do.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah all my mates are pretty tech savvy with a few who fix pc's for a living, they said factory reset, replacing the parts (unknown if they're available), ringing support or get a mouse.

Not really much else you can do.
    Could you ask how much it would cost to fix? Sorry you have done so much already!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.