How to revise for maths alevel?

Watch this thread
username2199397
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Do I need the actua textbook for maths alevel? considering a lot of people say that you only need to practice?

Fo GCSE's I used mathswatch whie making notes, which realy helped push me from a C grade in decembe to an overall A - the funny thing is, I did literally 0 past papers. Now I know, that the A was mostly luck and that past paoers are very essential in order to succeed in maths. However, I feel that I need to learn the topics before practicing maths by doing past papers.

Theefore, do you know any good websites that literally goes over the entire spec for maths Alevel - preferably in videos like mathswatch?

And when shoud I stat doing past papers + Do you thinks its impotant to constantly go over notes so that I dont forget it?

Any resources woud be apreciated
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Yes, buy the textbook and use Examsolutions.
Naruke
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
^^^
L-Lawliet
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Exam Solutions - Whole Spec with Videos
Physics and Maths Tutor - Past Paper
Khan Academy - Why not? 😆
Loads more...
However I recommend doing all past papers you can get your hands on because the exam boards can be a prick sometimes with the way they ask the questions so get used to their format.
Good Luck.
k2sigma
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by shohaib712)
Do I need the actua textbook for maths alevel? considering a lot of people say that you only need to practice?

Fo GCSE's I used mathswatch whie making notes, which realy helped push me from a C grade in decembe to an overall A - the funny thing is, I did literally 0 past papers. Now I know, that the A was mostly luck and that past paoers are very essential in order to succeed in maths. However, I feel that I need to learn the topics before practicing maths by doing past papers.

Theefore, do you know any good websites that literally goes over the entire spec for maths Alevel - preferably in videos like mathswatch?

And when shoud I stat doing past papers + Do you thinks its impotant to constantly go over notes so that I dont forget it?

Any resources woud be apreciated
http://mathswebsite.com/
sign up and start watching! - includes full specification + questions w/ full working out.
Edrulesok
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Learn in class, once you finish a module, start doing past papers once a week. If you take F. maths like me you end up doing 6 past papers a week 🙌
username2199397
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Do I have to buy a textbook? I got my brothers but he took the exam in 2011 though

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (37)
33.94%
The paper was reasonable (43)
39.45%
Not feeling great about that exam... (18)
16.51%
It was TERRIBLE (11)
10.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise