Reply 22
symphonic
Sorry! :hugs:

No need :p: ;penguin; :biggrin:
Math is american
Reply 24
Eternity Forever
Most Americans call it "Math"

Sure it isn't "Math with 2 burgers, 5 lots of fries, 10 pies and a diet coke"? :p:
toffeesweets

Which is the correct way?

Maths is correct to an Englishman.
Math is correct to an American.

:wink:
LPK
Sure it isn't "Math with 2 burgers, 5 lots of fries, 10 pies and a diet coke"? :p:

:rofl: Tell me you said that with an american accent!
Reply 27
I say "maths".... and I love penguins too :biggrin:
Reply 28
LPK

they sell take-away pies now? :eek: :p:
Reply 29
Pukka pies?
Reply 30
As has been said, Americans say 'math', Brits say 'maths'.

Although the American way of saying it may sound odd to Brits, I think that it is actually better than 'maths' as the Americans totally abbreviate whereas we, for some unknown reason, abbreviate it but retain the last letter 's'.
Reply 31
This is England
What we're supposed to die for
This is England
And we're never gonna cry no more

ie. we're not yanks.
thud why were you temporarily banned for?
Er Charlotte you're not even American, so why are you trying to be one? You wannabe :mb:
Reply 34
Picnico
As has been said, Americans say 'math', Brits say 'maths'.

Although the American way of saying it may sound odd to Brits, I think that it is actually better than 'maths' as the Americans totally abbreviate whereas we, for some unknown reason, abbreviate it but retain the last letter 's'.

Isn't the rule supposed to be that if the first and last letter are used in the abbreviation, a full stop isn't needed? So the actual abbreviation should be 'math.'? Meh. Just what I was taught a very long time ago. Probably wrong...
I say "maths" but tend to write it as "math" for some reason.
Reply 36
This thread is spamtastic!
Reply 37
hermaphrodite
thud why were you temporarily banned for?

because im really too cool for TSR so they have to ban me every now and again to keep the place calm. :cool:
Er Charlotte you're not even American, so why are you trying to be one? You wannabe :mb:

I am in the USA as it stands biatch. Had I said, "we americans say math", your little post would have had a point. How do you feel?
Eternity Forever
I am in the USA as it stands biatch. Had I said, "we americans say math", your little post would have had a point. How do you feel?
Yeah but you chose "I say Math" in the poll, regardless of where you are.

You lose.

Latest

Trending

Trending