Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right i work at savers health and beauty and every 3 months they have a stock takaing session where evry worker comes in at 5.30 and basically counts all the items in the store which takes about 2/3 hours.
    i have been invited out to cinema and meal on wed evning which clashes with stocktake, normally i wouldnt go with them but i havnt seen these mates in about a year so i really wanna go!

what would you do? is there any decent excuses to use? :confused:

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monkey_Maiden)
    Right i work at savers health and beauty and every 3 months they have a stock takaing session where evry worker comes in at 5.30 and basically counts all the items in the store which takes about 2/3 hours.
    i have been invited out to cinema and meal on wed evning which clashes with stocktake, normally i wouldnt go with them but i havnt seen these mates in about a year so i really wanna go!

thanks

erm, work's not that important, hopefully you won't be doing that job for the rest of your life but your friends are potentially for life. I would have thought the choice was rather obvious ----> go see them, especially since you haven't seen them for so long

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monkey_Maiden)

thanks
    Me personally if it were my mates who hadn't seen in a year or so, I would pull a sickie and go out! I remember in my old job I had to do stock take, so friggn boring.

ReputationRep:
    pull a sickie. i'm sure they' ll cope without you...you'll kick yourself if you don't see your friends however

ReputationRep:
    Yea, I agree with the others. Missing one stock take isnt bad at all, as I once pulled a sickie to go to a party. I've been at the same place nearly 2 years now and it simply got overlooked as I've never been 'ill' before

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i agree that you should call in sick. I currently work in a supermarket and stocktaking is done twice a year and everyone has to be in on a Sunday at 7.00am and iv called in sick for the last 2. If you dont go whats the worse that could happen, you certainly wont be sacked for it. You also might not be able to see your friends again for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    say you have a runny bum, no one will argue with that!

Break a leg...literally, to get out of going to work, or you could just pretend to be ill, that's less painful.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.