Turn on thread page Beta

I have an announcement to make watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ang|ophi|e)
    I remember the year 2005. My new year's resolution was to become a vegetarian. I lasted for about one or two months until my family bought McDonalds and I gave into the temptation. :p:

But I don't eat beef or pork. So I don't feel too bad.

Good luck to you!
    Nor do I but I have no problem eating meat.

ReputationRep:
    I love my chicken! :p:

ReputationRep:
    oh man, i love chicken.

Anyone remember Tekken 3 when you used to get teh chicken powerups and it used to go CHICKENNNNNNNN in a hollywood film advert voice.

ReputationRep:
    for some reason i thought this thread was going to be somone announcing they were gay by the title...

but vegetarian = just as important congrats... and if you get cravings ive heard quorn does the job!

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shockley)
    I am a firm believer in animal rights, I eat meat but I know that British meat is from animals that have been well cared for and have not suffered. Same with eggs with the lion stamp, we know the chickens are healthy and have been vaccinated.

However PETA take the piss. They tell people not to eat meat or even drink MILK. As much as I admire them for animal rights and exposing KFC, most of the time they use emotional blackmail unnecessarily. Everyone's entitled to an opinion but personally it should be an informed choice based on scientific fact.
    Bad news for you. KFC are no worse than any battery hen farm (with the lion stamp)*. Good to have morals, but unfortunately yours are all mixed up.

*Source: working on the farm.

ReputationRep:
    I was a vegetarian for six years and I didn't find it a problem while I believed in it, however, as soon as I grew out of my saving the world phase I was attached to my friend's chicken mayo sandwhich in seconds

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.