Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

23 Year Man - Single and never had a girlfriend. AMA & give advice Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am now 23 years old (jesus I feel old now) and here is the thing. I have just graduated from university with a first class honours degree and I have never and I mean NEVER had a girlfriend before. I have never kissed a girl or ever asked a girl out before. I used to be a "bro before hoe" type of guy and I regret never having a girlfriend before.

I only got a lap dance at a strip club recently and it felt good - but then this was only for 5 minutes.

I realise that I am still a little young baby but I want to know if there are girls who have been in a similar position.

ReputationRep:
    @yunglife

What exactly do you mean by "bro before hoe"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yunglife)
    I am now 23 years old (jesus I feel old now) and here is the thing. I have just graduated from university with a first class honours degree and I have never and I mean NEVER had a girlfriend before. I have never kissed a girl or ever asked a girl out before. I used to be a "bro before hoe" type of guy and I regret never having a girlfriend before.

I only got a lap dance at a strip club recently and it felt good - but then this was only for 5 minutes.

I realise that I am still a little young baby but I want to know if there are girls who have been in a similar position.
    Were you planning on waiting for the one special girl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Were you planning on waiting for the one special girl?
    Yes, exactly that! I am starting to become impatient though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    @yunglife

What exactly do you mean by "bro before hoe"?
    Like I will never leave my boys just for a girl. I have had a lot of wet **** boy friends who have pushed me out of their life just for a girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yunglife)
    Like I will never leave my boys just for a girl. I have had a lot of wet **** boy friends who have pushed me out of their life just for a girl
    I think I'm beginning to see what the problem is.

ReputationRep:
    @yunglife

That's not what "bros before hoes" means.

"Bros before hoes" applies when you already have a girlfriend. It doesn't mean that you don't hit on women because you're with your friends.

Essentially, if you have a girlfriend and she wants to go to x, and you get invited at the same time by your boys to y - if you apply this idea - you go to y with your friends.

I think you may have picked up on this doctrine mistakenly a little while back, and have been applying it (and possibly others) incorrectly.

Additionally - there is a lot to be said for : "Bros before hoes, except when theres no clothes"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    @yunglife

That's not what "bros before hoes" means.

"Bros before hoes" applies when you already have a girlfriend. It doesn't mean that you don't hit on women because you're with your friends.

Essentially, if you have a girlfriend and she wants to go to x, and you get invited at the same time by your boys to y - if you apply this idea - you go to y with your friends.

I think you may have picked up on this doctrine mistakenly a little while back, and have been applying it (and possibly others) incorrectly.

Additionally - there is a lot to be said for : "Bros before hoes, except when theres no clothes"
    I see but I also used to be shy and scared that some of the girls might have already had a boyfriend

The past is the past and now I am a graduate. What chance do I have now?

ReputationRep:
    Bros before Hoes - side-effects might include sexism, pandering, virginity and getting friendzoned.

ReputationRep:
    OP. I can slightly relate to you as I am in the same position, but younger and a female and I feel as if I would end up in your position so I think I might be able to give you some advice.

Firstly, I don't think you are in a bad position. You have finished uni and it seems like you paid most of your concentration in your studies and had a lack of a social life, I am saying that this is okay, but there was positive and negative sides to this. How is your personality like? Are you shy or quiet? Do you look approachable? All these things make a difference.

I am not sure how you look physically but I doubt that has anything at all with your lack of experience, but I will say smelling nice and have a good dress sense and keeping well groomed does a lot. Keep clean and smile so you look presentable.

To round all of this up. OP you are NORMAL. Do not allow society to brainwash you and think you are "strange" or whatever because you are "inexperiened" you are your own person, everyone develops at their own stages and in fact I think it's actually a lot easier and better to explore yourself now that uni is finished, since your studies are not in your way.

I wish you all the best OP and please don't let this bring you down xx

ReputationRep:
    Sounds normal to me mate. There's no standard to live up to other than your own. If you want to wait for that special person, then you go ahead. The only thing I suggest is if you want a girlfriend, be proactive in finding one. Join clubs, start new hobbies, talk to girls, dating sites etc.

At the end of the day if you're happy, someone will eventually come your way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Sounds normal to me mate. There's no standard to live up to other than your own. If you want to wait for that special person, then you go ahead. The only thing I suggest is if you want a girlfriend, be proactive in finding one. Join clubs, start new hobbies, talk to girls, dating sites etc.

At the end of the day if you're happy, someone will eventually come your way.
    Thanks for the advice. Yeah it is hard especially given the fact that uni is over for good.

Uni is the only place where you can get girls and I have missed that chance by a long shot. I was thinking once I start working - I may be able to get girls but just not my type or ethnicity as I am sadly picky

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 18, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.