Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi if anyone has been unsuccessful with University accommodation what solutions have you come up with as I am currently reviewing options as Pacific Court and other have quite negative reviews.
    Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshhallam)
    Hi if anyone has been unsuccessful with University accommodation what solutions have you come up with as I am currently reviewing options as Pacific Court and other have quite negative reviews.
    Many thanks
    You could always visit the HUU website and take a look there? I'm finding that accommodation hunting at this time of the year is difficult as hell! I have been offered a room at pacific court and honestly I'm taking it; I've see the reviews and I am legit just going to survive the year telling myself its only for this first year not four! Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daravin20)
    You could always visit the HUU website and take a look there? I'm finding that accommodation hunting at this time of the year is difficult as hell! I have been offered a room at pacific court and honestly I'm taking it; I've see the reviews and I am legit just going to survive the year telling myself its only for this first year not four! Best of luck!
    feeling the same to be honest, HUU homes also hasnt been anywhere near as helpful as P.court ... which gets back to you within mins rather than days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    feeling the same to be honest, HUU homes also hasnt been anywhere near as helpful as P.court ... which gets back to you within mins rather than days.
    I've just tried to contact HUU homes an hour ago and I'm getting nowhere honestly, whereas Pacific court have already allocated accommodation for me and we've got just over two weeks left! What's your plan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daravin20)
    I've just tried to contact HUU homes an hour ago and I'm getting nowhere honestly, whereas Pacific court have already allocated accommodation for me and we've got just over two weeks left! What's your plan?
    honestly have no idea, since HUU homes are better from what i can tell and i wanted a student house anyways... but P.court seems to be the only one who isnt messing me/us around.

Im just gonna wait a few days, and if HUU homes doesnt get back to me, im going P.court..

ReputationRep:
    I'm going with HUU homes. Much prefer a student house near campus than Pacific Court in the city centre. Apparently they are just taking a long time to allocate HUU houses due to large number of applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    honestly have no idea, since HUU homes are better from what i can tell and i wanted a student house anyways... but P.court seems to be the only one who isnt messing me/us around.

Im just gonna wait a few days, and if HUU homes doesnt get back to me, im going P.court..
    Both points are very true! If you want you could always ask a few people on campus society? I'm not guaranteeing anything but I'm sure someone in the same situation can be a bit more helpful about it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.