Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Internships/placements for Investment banking Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm about to start University (Sheffield), doing Chemical engineering and hoping to get into front office investment banking. I got ABBB (being 1 UMS off an A in one of the subjects as well) at A Levels and a B in my EPQ. The results I got were under extenuating circumstances so we're not as good as I hoped. Knowing that they aren't as good as I hoped, I really need to show my commitment to the cause as soon as possible and want to do as much work experience as possible. So my question is, can I please know anywhere I can apply for Spring weeks or even summer internships right now? Before Uni starts so I can get a head start in my aim to become an investment banker. Also how do I apply? Could I have links please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Nomi2812)
    Hi everyone,

I'm about to start University (Sheffield), doing Chemical engineering and hoping to get into front office investment banking. I got ABBB (being 1 UMS off an A in one of the subjects as well) at A Levels and a B in my EPQ. The results I got were under extenuating circumstances so we're not as good as I hoped. Knowing that they aren't as good as I hoped, I really need to show my commitment to the cause as soon as possible and want to do as much work experience as possible. So my question is, can I please know anywhere I can apply for Spring weeks or even summer internships right now? Before Uni starts so I can get a head start in my aim to become an investment banker. Also how do I apply? Could I have links please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would appreciate it if you stopped spamming this question everywhere, you know exactly where to look for the info you want so get digging.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Apply to all the spring weeks that are open and then apply to all the other Spring weeks when they open.

ReputationRep:
    Ok sorry. I'm just unsure. And very prone to overthinking. So I apologise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your uni, course and a levels are all fine to get into FO. But I think you should begin to start learning the ins and outs of IB, its different functions, how the banks operate and keep up to date on recent news. Also I think there is a 2017 spring week forum which you should take a look at.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.