superboy123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am about to go into year 11 in 2 days and I am doing 11 subjects and about 21 exams next year at the end of the year. I am regretting the fact that I have done no revision whatsoever for any subjects in these 6 weeks holiday and now I am more scared of my year 11 exam. I am aiming for A's and A*'s and I want to get advice on revision and I want to know when I should start revising for my exams and my mocks. I want to know if I should start revising at the beginning of year 11 or in December as I am only aiming for A's and A*'s as I am the first child in my family sitting GCSE Exams.
It would be very helpful if you could give me advice on when I should start revising and I would be very grateful if I can get advice for achieving A's and A*'s in most my exams as I am sitting 21 exams.
examtime123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by superboy123)
I am about to go into year 11 in 2 days and I am doing 11 subjects and about 21 exams next year at the end of the year. I am regretting the fact that I have done no revision whatsoever for any subjects in these 6 weeks holiday and now I am more scared of my year 11 exam. I am aiming for A's and A*'s and I want to get advice on revision and I want to know when I should start revising for my exams and my mocks. I want to know if I should start revising at the beginning of year 11 or in December as I am only aiming for A's and A*'s as I am the first child in my family sitting GCSE Exams.
It would be very helpful if you could give me advice on when I should start revising and I would be very grateful if I can get advice for achieving A's and A*'s in most my exams as I am sitting 21 exams.
Hi! Most schools do their Year 11 mocks around October/November so you should start revising for those about a month before (or earlier if you'd like a head-start, but I don't think its that necessary). Making revision materials then will help you later on when it comes to the real exams, as you will have less to worry about and prepare. However, you shouldn't stress too much early on because you haven't even learnt the full syllabus yet so you can't start revising properly. Most people (who wanted good grades) started revising for the real exams in the February half-term
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
15.57%
I'm not sure (11)
3.01%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (126)
34.43%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.64%
I'm not a current university student (166)
45.36%

Watched Threads