Personal Statement topic/course issue Watch

Nirm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If I write a personal statement about economics but I still apply to a few Unis for Accounting and Finance, will the statement be fine or would I actually need to mention accounting and finance stuff and get rid of economics where possible?
Nirm
Rep:
?
If I make my PS primarily or only Economics (as that is the easiest topic to do) related, if I then applied to a few Accounting and Finance courses, will they accept that or do I need to have put down somewhere in my PS about accounting and finance stuff and maybe not mention economics?
Ze Witcher
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nirm)
If I make my PS primarily or only Economics (as that is the easiest topic to do) related, if I then applied to a few Accounting and Finance courses, will they accept that or do I need to have put down somewhere in my PS about accounting and finance stuff and maybe not mention economics?
Yh I am in the same position as you From what I've seen a lot of Accounting and Finance courses has Micro/Macro courses in it but then again I feel like this catering for an Economics course instead. Im curious to know what people say
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It depends on whether your economics courses cover a&f type modules. If they do, then you should be OK mentioning a&f. If they don't, then you shouldn't mention a&f, but that will of course hinder your a&f choices
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nirm)
If I write a personal statement about economics but I still apply to a few Unis for Accounting and Finance, will the statement be fine or would I actually need to mention accounting and finance stuff and get rid of economics where possible?
Writing for two subjects is difficult, which is your preferred one?
Nirm
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
Writing for two subjects is difficult, which is your preferred one?
This is difficult, basically I did bad at A2, so will be retaking stuff. I honestly really want to do Economics but it is way more competitive than Accounting and Finance (at top unis) and honestly I find writing about Accounting and Finance, primarily the accounting part- very hard. And most Economics courses are basically "get all A*s in first sitting or bye bye", so I was thinking of trying for a few anyway but keeping A&F as back up in a sense if you know what I mean.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nirm)
This is difficult, basically I did bad at A2, so will be retaking stuff. I honestly really want to do Economics but it is way more competitive than Accounting and Finance (at top unis) and honestly I find writing about Accounting and Finance, primarily the accounting part- very hard. And most Economics courses are basically "get all A*s in first sitting or bye bye", so I was thinking of trying for a few anyway but keeping A&F as back up in a sense if you know what I mean.
Why not apply to 5 econ courses then you can apply to accounting through extra with a different personal statement in a worst case scenario.
Ze Witcher
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
Why not apply to 5 econ courses then you can apply to accounting through extra with a different personal statement in a worst case scenario.
How many UCAS extra options do you get if you don't mind me asking
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ze Witcher)
How many UCAS extra options do you get if you don't mind me asking
You pick one at a time but you can keep trying to get a place through that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?