Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I write a personal statement about economics but I still apply to a few Unis for Accounting and Finance, will the statement be fine or would I actually need to mention accounting and finance stuff and get rid of economics where possible?

ReputationRep:
    If I make my PS primarily or only Economics (as that is the easiest topic to do) related, if I then applied to a few Accounting and Finance courses, will they accept that or do I need to have put down somewhere in my PS about accounting and finance stuff and maybe not mention economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirm)
    If I make my PS primarily or only Economics (as that is the easiest topic to do) related, if I then applied to a few Accounting and Finance courses, will they accept that or do I need to have put down somewhere in my PS about accounting and finance stuff and maybe not mention economics?
    Yh I am in the same position as you From what I've seen a lot of Accounting and Finance courses has Micro/Macro courses in it but then again I feel like this catering for an Economics course instead. Im curious to know what people say
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    It depends on whether your economics courses cover a&f type modules. If they do, then you should be OK mentioning a&f. If they don't, then you shouldn't mention a&f, but that will of course hinder your a&f choices
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Nirm)
    If I write a personal statement about economics but I still apply to a few Unis for Accounting and Finance, will the statement be fine or would I actually need to mention accounting and finance stuff and get rid of economics where possible?
    Writing for two subjects is difficult, which is your preferred one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Writing for two subjects is difficult, which is your preferred one?
    This is difficult, basically I did bad at A2, so will be retaking stuff. I honestly really want to do Economics but it is way more competitive than Accounting and Finance (at top unis) and honestly I find writing about Accounting and Finance, primarily the accounting part- very hard. And most Economics courses are basically "get all A*s in first sitting or bye bye", so I was thinking of trying for a few anyway but keeping A&F as back up in a sense if you know what I mean.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Nirm)
    This is difficult, basically I did bad at A2, so will be retaking stuff. I honestly really want to do Economics but it is way more competitive than Accounting and Finance (at top unis) and honestly I find writing about Accounting and Finance, primarily the accounting part- very hard. And most Economics courses are basically "get all A*s in first sitting or bye bye", so I was thinking of trying for a few anyway but keeping A&F as back up in a sense if you know what I mean.
    Why not apply to 5 econ courses then you can apply to accounting through extra with a different personal statement in a worst case scenario.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Why not apply to 5 econ courses then you can apply to accounting through extra with a different personal statement in a worst case scenario.
    How many UCAS extra options do you get if you don't mind me asking
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Ze Witcher)
    How many UCAS extra options do you get if you don't mind me asking
    You pick one at a time but you can keep trying to get a place through that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.