Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK89)
    I just want to be ****ing sane again.
    Too much sanity may be madness. And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gilliwoo)
    In all honesty, I feel like I'm suspended in time. It may be the long term effects of the relative isolation, protracted ennui and frustrations of my gap year, or perhaps I'm just not sleeping enough. Add that to a dull summer and it's a pretty desperate state of affairs. And yourself?
    I know exactly what you mean, my friend. This gap year has felt like I've been suspended in a kind of limbo, just waiting for time to resume its normal course. I honestly cannot wait to start uni.

What frustrations did you suffer? ;console;

ReputationRep:
    Too much sanity may be madness. And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be.
    Yes it may be. But what is the no sanity, i have just been left with.

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, I feel like I'm suspended in time. It may be the long term effects of the relative isolation, protracted ennui and frustrations of my gap year, or perhaps I'm just not sleeping enough. Add that to a dull summer and it's a pretty desperate state of affairs. And yourself?
    ive already told you gilli summers crap everywhere!

and arjun nah:p: i miss the food, but i love spain, i think i should have been born spanish..

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm new to this soc! I feel very left out... help someone? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK89)
    I just want to be ****ing sane again.
    Why if you don't know what it is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unfinished sympathy)
    ive already told you gilli summers crap everywhere!

and arjun nah:p: i miss the food, but i love spain, i think i should have been born spanish..
    Hah, fair point I guess. You ARE Gemma, right? It's been a while :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    Why if you don't know what it is?
    I had some touch on it a couple of hours ago, but my grasp on it is lost now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missrevival)
    What's the problem? Something more than insomnia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK89)
    I had some touch on it a couple of hours ago, but my grasp on it is lost now.
    If you do not know what sanity is, nor what to be sane feels like it is illogical for you to crave it such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missrevival)
    Not really. Just talk to other people and don't have irrational feelings.

... and hello

ReputationRep:
    If you do not know what sanity is, nor what to be sane feels like it is illogical for you to crave it such.
    I can remember liking it more than this. Ethereal, i have ****ing lost it. Possibly for good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    I know exactly what you mean, my friend. This gap year has felt like I've been suspended in a kind of limbo, just waiting for time to resume its normal course. I honestly cannot wait to start uni.

What frustrations did you suffer? ;console;
    Yes, it's like I've almost forgotten what it's like to be me...(ooo how very existential!) I had some stuff planned that I won't have time to do anymore, which has really annoyed me because it feels like my year has been wasted. My plans were thwarted by factors beyond my control, including but, not limited to, overbearing parents. Which university are you off to Demon?

ReputationRep:
    Morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK89)
    I can remember liking it more than this. Ethereal, i have ****ing lost it. Possibly for good.
    It has often been noted that one who has lost their mind does not posess the capacity to know they have lost it; I can merely deduce, therefore, that you have not in fact lost your mind.

ReputationRep:
    It has often been noted that one who has lost their mind does not posess the capacity to know they have lost it; I can merely deduce, therefore, that you have not in fact lost your mind.
    It depends what you mean by losing it. Anyway i split my mind in two delibrately a while back in preparation for this. My real mind has lost it, just the small bit of another persona remains somewhat less mad.

ReputationRep:
    Poetic

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's like I've almost forgotten what it's like to be me...(ooo how very existential!) I had some stuff planned that I won't have time to do anymore, which has really annoyed me because it feels like my year has been wasted. My plans were thwarted by factors beyond my control, including but, not limited to, overbearing parents. Which university are you off to Demon?
    I'm off to Hull/York Medical School, mate - Hull campus. And yourself?

Your year sounds horrific - what did you get up to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK89)
    If you're that insane, how do you can you trust the faculties that allow you to ajudge yourslef insane?

ReputationRep:
    what did your overbearing parents do?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.