Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDaz)
    Well lucky for you we dont want to meet you, so I guess you'll avoid those risks :p:
    Quite. HMK you're one of the few who probably does hide your real personality, or whatever. By and large most people are just themselves. Its too much effort to be anyone else :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Those are assumptions. Ethereal did not come on the trip. I do have the mobile numbers of some TSRers. When I said 'we found it in the Lake District'.. I meant the group of us who went into a pub and saw that beermat on the wall. One of them was a TSRer, but it wasn't Ethereal.
    But my "guess" was right, you do know Ethereal in real life dont you? As for making assumptions, people make them all the time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopping Mad Kangaroo)
    But my "guess" was right, you do know Ethereal in real life dont you? As for making assumptions, people make them all the time...
    I speak to him on MSN and I have his mobile number. I'm not sure that counts as 'in real life' ^o) And yes they do, but you give most of them a run for their money.

ReputationRep:
    Quite. HMK you're one of the few who probably does hide your real personality, or whatever. By and large most people are just themselves. Its too much effort to be anyone else :p:
    You would be surprised. Asides I come off differently online than I would IRL, often unintentionally, and I am lousy with the interweb. But I do have areas I hide to protect my identity, as sensible precautions, given some of the people I talk to.

ReputationRep:
    I speak to him on MSN and I have his mobile number. I'm not sure that counts as 'in real life' ^o) And yes they do, but you give most of them a run for their money.
    Mobile number I would say brings it pretty close to real life i suppose, but meeting in person is obviously better. Anyway, whats wrong with making stacks of assumptions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbons)
    Oo, and I've just been playing Mario :proud:
    Which one?

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, whats wrong with making stacks of assumptions?
    Merely the fact that in my overall experience of you you're usually way out.

ReputationRep:
    Which one?
    Erm....it says Super Mario Brothers 3 :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Merely the fact that in my overall experience of you you're usually way out.
    Its the interweb, in real life its a lot easier to be right.

ReputationRep:
    Erm....it says Super Mario Brothers 3 :dontknow:
    Sounds fun, I have no idea which one is which though either...

ReputationRep:
    Its the interweb, in real life its a lot easier to be right.
    I can't really be bothered to try and explain to you why assumptions are a bad idea.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Edit: sorry, twas a bit harsh

ReputationRep:
    I can't really be bothered to try and explain to you why assumptions are a bad idea.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Edit: sorry, twas a bit harsh
    It depends how you make them, in real life I can test them without announcing I made them with ease. Online its another matter, and I am slow to adapt to it. The interweb is a funny place.

ReputationRep:
    I have the Original Super Mario Bros game on the first Nintendo...

AND the remake for my Nintendo DS :cool:.

Super Mario is god.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what an 'emulator' is?! :hmmmm:

And yes, Super Mario is fab. Even if I suck at it :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what an 'emulator' is?! :hmmmm:

And yes, Super Mario is fab. Even if I suck at it :ninja:
    Yep. Its a virtual games console that runs on your pc, which you can play virtual games or ROM's with. For example Fusion plays Mega Drive games.

ReputationRep:
    I still don't have any idea My brain switches off when people start to talk about anything game/technical related :p: :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Its a virtual games console that runs on your pc, which you can play virtual games or ROM's with. For example Fusion plays Mega Drive games.
    So...how is that different from playing the java games on say msn or yahoo?

ReputationRep:
    Evening all

ReputationRep:
    So...how is that different from playing the java games on say msn or yahoo?
    The Java games are written directly from the start, where as an emulator takes the actual code of the old games and runs them. The games are exactly as they were when released initially on their original consoles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_Rose)
    Evening all
    :hello:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.