Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    Well, tis a very unusual occurrence.
    You're still cheeky!!! :p: How are you by the way? What you doing up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    lol, its alright for some

to be honest: if something you did was crap, wouldnt you much rather somebody just say 'this is total crap' so you actually knew where you stood and could rebuild, than mollycoddle?

No, I prefer constructive criticism, such as "this bit here sounds a little convoluted because you're literally repeating the same information but by rephrasing it with different examples. I understand that you are trying to put in alot of info and the use of that word there is good. if you were to tweak it a little bit, to take out this bit here and replace it with...then it would be more succinct, you'd get more important info. in and display more qualities and skills that you've picked up, plus you're not compromising showing off your distinct and original writing style". Haven't you ever heard of constructive criticism before then?:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    You're still cheeky!!! :p: How are you by the way? What you doing up?
    swimming in Jack Daniels. yesterday was a terrible day. i hate northern rock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinelem)

No, I prefer constructive criticism, such as "this bit here sounds a little convoluted because you're literally repeating the same information but by rephrasing it with different examples. I understand that you are trying to put in alot of info and the use of that word there is good. if you were to tweak it a little bit, to take out this bit here and replace it with...then it would be more succinct, you'd get more important info. in and display more qualities and skills that you've picked up, plus you're not compromising showing off your distinct and original writing style". Haven't you ever heard of constructive criticism before then?:p:
    hmm, this is probably why i'm NOT a ps helper, and why i'm really crap with incompetent ppl and interns

To me, constructive criticism would be: its total crap because a) you're saying the same thing 3 times b) it's not cogent c) it doesnt tell me what i need to know. use the following framework and rewrite it.

or something like: go and read book a b c and d and they will show why you're wrong. then come back and i'll discuss it with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    hmm, this is probably why i'm NOT a ps helper, and why i'm really crap with incompetent ppl and interns

To me, constructive criticism would be: its total crap because a) you're saying the same thing 3 times b) it's not cogent c) it doesnt tell me what i need to know. use the following framework and rewrite it.

or something like: go and read book a b c and d and they will show why you're wrong. then come back and i'll discuss it with you
    Ouch!:p:

What are you up to then? Can't sleep? On a random note, i really feel like eating some sugared strawberries atm, mmm.:p:

ReputationRep:
    mmm I remember those sugar strawberry sweets. nice and tangy Cant sleep atm no :/

and ps. I can be nice sometimes! I could even give an example :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    mmm I remember those sugar strawberry sweets. nice and tangy Cant sleep atm no :/

and ps. I can be nice sometimes! I could even give an example :p:
    Go on then.:p:

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinelem)
    Go on then.:p:

:hugs:
    hmmm, you've put me on the spot now! :hugs:

Ok heres one: Somebody has had a nice lil blue car for 2 years. She thinks it doesnt have a cigarette lighter thing. Samba comes along and finds it for her ;yes; Samba calls her a noob less than 500 times over the next 48 hours about it.

Or: Intern is a complete moron. Intern doesnt know how to use a computer properly. Samba sees intern is getting stressed, and sends him for a 'long stand' in another department for a few hours to relax the intern. Intern comes back and samba only calls him a retarded ape 84 times ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)

Ok heres one: Somebody has had a nice lil blue car for 2 years. She thinks it doesnt have a cigarette lighter thing. Samba comes along and finds it for her ;yes; Samba calls her a noob less than 500 times over the next 48 hours about it.

Or: Intern is a complete moron. Intern doesnt know how to use a computer properly. Samba sees intern is getting stressed, and sends him for a 'long stand' in another department for a few hours to relax the intern. Intern comes back and samba only calls him a retarded ape 84 times ;yes;
    :eek:

:vroam:

(Original post by samba)
    swimming in Jack Daniels. yesterday was a terrible day. i hate northern rock.
    ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)

:rofl:
    What's Northern Rock? It sounds good :ninja: Can I climb it?

ReputationRep:
    Something I should buy shares in.

ReputationRep:
    Thats either very funny or very blonde :p:

(Original post by Hopping Mad Kangaroo)
    Something I should buy shares in.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDaz)
    Thats either very funny or very blonde :p:

:ditto:
    The only problem is id have to withdraw money to buy the shares...

ReputationRep:
    im BAAAACK from my travels. anyone miss me? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by herecomestrouble)
    anyone miss me? :puppyeyes:
    :itsme:

Welcome back mon amie :hugs: How was your holiday? #france#

ReputationRep:
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Its cold

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, it's very cold. Actually, today was warm at first, then cold, then colder, then warm and now it's cold again.

And I just saw a fly with no/injured wings. It was hopping, poor littly fly.
    I freaked out and ran a mile and then got my sister to take it out :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    ello everyone :ninja:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.