Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Ribbons!!! :party:
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ethereal)
The international community sent bombers in to bomb serbia because it was already an international outcast. Technically speaking the NATO action was illegal because they bombed a soverign independent nation that was trying to put down an armed uprising in its own borders. As Yorkshire was never fully a part of England the situations are not analagous. Yorkshire would have the status of an occupied territory.

Yorkshire began to agitate strongly for independence in the 1970s. If you look at your history books this would be when they put the troops onstanby and sent the police in to break the working classes of Yorkshire.
So yorkshire failed to get its independence, when it had more of an appetite for one, again flooring your earlier arguements. I doubt Yorkshire would manage to get the status of an occupied territory. Accept that yorkshire is almost certainly never going to have independence, in fact the yorkshire day is mainly a charity event according to wiki. As for history lessons, i am more of a futurist than a historian.
Rafa
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ribbons)
Ooh, Happy Yorkshire Day, Ethereal

Rafael, how's the digging coming along? :hmmm: :p:

Hey Craggy! How are you?

And hello everyone! :hello:
Not so well, tis too bloody hot to be digging, can't we just dig in the winter with wooly hats?
SuperDaz
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Craghyrax)
You're sounding alot more coherent than you often do when drunk, if that helps :p:

You can't drink this weekend? So.. why could you tonight? :confused:
Theres a three day pre medical limit or something, such minor detaisl donmt concern me :hmmm:

I've just had a nice shower so am feeling a bti more 'with it' :bath: although I strangely sent ribbons a PM before hand

*sings MB a lullaby*
I cant rememebr the last time you sung me a lullaby
Ethereal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RK89)
So yorkshire failed to get its independence, when it had more of an appetite for one, again flooring your earlier arguements. I doubt Yorkshire would manage to get the status of an occupied territory. Accept that yorkshire is almost certainly never going to have independence, in fact the yorkshire day is mainly a charity event according to wiki. As for history lessons, i am more of a futurist than a historian.
Yorkshire will one day get its independence recognised, even if it isn't in our lifetime. No one said it had more of an appetite then than it does now. As I have repeatedly said people in yorkshire do not consider themselves English. If you ask someone from yorkshire where they are from they will not say England they will say Yorkshire. We have our own sense of identity, our own traditions, our own flag.

You have no idea what status it would get. You have no idea about Yorkshire. Do not presume to tell a Tyke about Yorkshire. T'as offcumden ansta as nay gaum nay reet a cal.

It isn't a charity event, we use it to raise money for charity. IT is a day of national pride in our nation.
Ethereal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by SuperDaz)
That would be because I haven't sung you one.
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
(Original post by SuperDaz)
Theres a three day pre medical limit or something, such minor detaisl donmt concern me :hmmm:

I've just had a nice shower so am feeling a bti more 'with it' :bath: although I strangely sent ribbons a PM before hand

What did you send Ribbons? :laugh:

And Ethereal sang Misunderstood Beauty a lullaby.
Ten Green Bottles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Is that a good or a bad thing Craghy?
Ethereal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Craghyrax)
What did you send Ribbons? :laugh:

And Ethereal sang Misunderstood Beauty a lullaby. I sang nothing :p:
If you read carefully you would have seen he wrote that in response to me as he quoted me before that particular comment. Jesus! You're not the centre of the world you know :p:
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yorkshire will one day get its independence recognised, even if it isn't in our lifetime. No one said it had more of an appetite then than it does now. As I have repeatedly said people in yorkshire do not consider themselves English. If you ask someone from yorkshire where they are from they will not say England they will say Yorkshire. We have our own sense of identity, our own traditions, our own flag.

You have no idea what status it would get. You have no idea about Yorkshire. Do not presume to tell a Tyke about Yorkshire. T'as offcumden ansta as nay gaum nay reet a cal.

It isn't a charity event, we use it to raise money for charity. IT is a day of national pride in our nation.
Personally I think interbreeding with those of other counties is going to make it less and less likely for independence as time passes. It will almost certainly never happen. As for the question on where are you from, I would say nottingham, unless I was abroad.
Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Misunderstood Beauty)
Is which a good or bad thing? :confused:
Ethereal
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RK89)
Personally I think interbreeding with those of other counties is going to make it less and less likely for independence as time passes. It will almost certainly never happen. As for the question on where are you from, I would say nottingham, unless I was abroad.
Whereas we say "Yorkshire" when abroad. That is my point.
Rafa
Report 11 years ago
Ooo, i know were i've seen you, A-Z band names :p:
Ten Green Bottles
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You not singing, m'dear.
Ten Green Bottles
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ooo, i know were i've seen you, A-Z band names
Yep. I'm constantly in there. :blushing:
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Whereas we say "Yorkshire" when abroad. That is my point.
Which you would then have to follow up. Otherwise i would say nottingham straight away if i expected foriegners to know straight away.
Rafa
Report 11 years ago
Yep. I'm constantly in there. :blushing:
;yes;
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads