Turn on thread page Beta

The Insomniac's Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopping Mad Kangaroo)
    Its like that for me, asides 15% summative weekly problems in physics, and 40% in class tests in Psychology. If my maths homework counted I would have been in severe **** by now. Those class tests are so anal, 40% or so of the test was asking irrelevant facts that I hadnt picked up entirely.
    You also do Psychology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    You also do Psychology?
    I do one module (out of 6) in it yup, partially as a skive, partly out of intrest. I just happened to have a spare slot in my timetable, with NatSci at Durham you can do nearly anything, as long as you have a progression route through.

ReputationRep:
    I do one module (out of 6) in it yup, partially as a skive, partly out of intrest. I just happened to have a spare slot in my timetable, with NatSci at Durham you can do nearly anything, as long as you have a progression route through.
    Yes, I looked at the course once. I also directed a friend there because he really wanted to do Physics with Philosophy and one or two other things thrown in and couldn't find a degree that would let him. He got so excited when I suggested Durham :p: I recommended St Chad's as that's where I had a place and I liked it at the open day. Also its smaller than Hatfield and University, which is good.
    My first year is a quarter Psychology. I'm doing an essay on it tonight *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I looked at the course once. I also directed a friend there because he really wanted to do Physics with Philosophy and one or two other things thrown in and couldn't find a degree that would let him. He got so excited when I suggested Durham :p: I recommended St Chad's as that's where I had a place and I liked it at the open day. Also its smaller than Hatfield and University, which is good.
    My first year is a quarter Psychology. I'm doing an essay on it tonight *sigh*
    You couldnt do physics and Philosophy with 2 other subjects, it wouldnt actually be possible at all. Your friend might have managed one though, and ensured progression. Chad's I havent been around yet, but Hatfield and Castle have quite a certain reputation. What side of psychology are you doing anyway, social or physical?

ReputationRep:
    You couldnt do physics and Philosophy with 2 other subjects, it wouldnt actually be possible at all. Your friend might have managed one though, and ensured progression. Chad's I havent been around yet, but Hatfield and Castle have quite a certain reputation. What side of psychology are you doing anyway, social or physical?
    Social or experimental you mean. Social obviously :p: The degree is Social and Political Sciences

Do you mean that he can't take both Philosophy and Physics in a single degree, or that he would have to do just those two and nothing else?
    I presume you're sharing a room with someone.

ReputationRep:
    :yawn:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Tufts)
    :yawn:
    morning :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bright star)
    morning :hello:
    Hey! :hugs:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Tufts)
    Hey! :hugs:
    how are you this morning?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my names samba and I'm a complete wreck.

ReputationRep:
    My name's Tufts and I have a criminal law lecture

ReputationRep:
    I've had 6 hours sleep in the last 72 and I can't stop thinking about somebody.

ReputationRep:
    aaaawww bless :love:

I hope it works out

ReputationRep:
    Outlook: Extremely doubtful.

ReputationRep:
    why?

ReputationRep:
    Social or experimental you mean. Social obviously :p: The degree is Social and Political Sciences

Do you mean that he can't take both Philosophy and Physics in a single degree, or that he would have to do just those two and nothing else?
    I presume you're sharing a room with someone.
    He could take both philosophy and physics as a degree, but taking two subjects with it is impossible (for physics you have to take maths modules as well), so he would be taking 5 subjects, which is against programme regulations. My psychology is social as well, though we havent covered too much material atm. As for room, I got a single , yourself?

ReputationRep:
    As for room, I got a single , yourself?
    You don't get shared rooms in Cambridge except for shared sets, which are two rooms with their own doors and a living space shared in the middle (so they're still singles).. or whatever they do if you're married.

ReputationRep:
    You don't get shared rooms in Cambridge except for shared sets, which are two rooms with their own doors and a living space shared in the middle (so they're still singles).. or whatever they do if you're married.
    Maybe if you are married there are extended negociations every evening to decide who lies on the top and who lies on the bottom? :p:

ReputationRep:
    :hello: :stickyman

ReputationRep:
    You ok?
    (Original post by SuperDaz)
    :hello: :stickyman

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.