Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Im having a major panic. Ive wanted to study classics at cambridge forever i love the course the university. I've got the grades and predicted grades required but this summer i haven't done any further reading its no that I'm not interested in classics its just i think I'm so scared of failure i can't dare to start. I have to give my personal statement in in a month and interviews are in December have i left the reading late? should i just forget it and take a gap year and apply next year? any advise?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by funkykitty)
    Hi! Im having a major panic. Ive wanted to study classics at cambridge forever i love the course the university. I've got the grades and predicted grades required but this summer i haven't done any further reading its no that I'm not interested in classics its just i think I'm so scared of failure i can't dare to start. I have to give my personal statement in in a month and interviews are in December have i left the reading late? should i just forget it and take a gap year and apply next year? any advise?
    You might as well start now instead of procrastinating on TSR

You can always re-apply next year if you want to.

ReputationRep:
    Calm down. If you know you want to study classics, you already have a good and probably unique idea of some of the literature, from study on your own. Use it in the application. The admissions officers are not looking for comprehensive, acquired knowledge, they are looking for originality and the ability to see things in a new way in accordance with the methods of the tutorial. It is more a test of character of mind.

Look at the time idle as time off, now get to it. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    You might as well start now instead of procrastinating on TSR

You can always re-apply next year if you want to.
    Exactly what I wanted to say, especially the first sentence.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.