Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently I've been watching a lot of lesser-known horror movies as stuff like The Conjuring, Sinister, Insidious just don't get me anymore, I can watch them without feeling truly scared once. I watched some great movies such as The Possession of Michael King, The Taking of Deborah Logan and The Neon Demon but I really want to find more movies like this as they're scarier than more popular movies and/or have great plot and cinematography. Anybody got any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaL.AM)
    Recently I've been watching a lot of lesser-known horror movies as stuff like The Conjuring, Sinister, Insidious just don't get me anymore, I can watch them without feeling truly scared once. I watched some great movies such as The Possession of Michael King, The Taking of Deborah Logan and The Neon Demon but I really want to find more movies like this as they're scarier than more popular movies and/or have great plot and cinematography. Anybody got any suggestions?
    Joe Weller
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The Loved Ones is the best indie horror I've seen for a while. Its a not a paranormal horror but its definitely worth a watch. The Visit was also pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    My kind of thread yes

Inhuman Resources
    Pumpkinhead
    Basket Case
    The Blob
    Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
    Killer Klowns From Outer Space
    VHS
    The Devil's Rejects
    10 Cloverfield Lane
    Hatchet series

All great B Movie/Indie Horror (the 2 things are interchangeable for horror films especially)

ReputationRep:
    I watched a film where a ventriloquist dummy had sex with a super Christian lady and she loved it - does that count? Also, whoever did the music was playing his Casio keyboard so loudly that I couldn't hear about 80% of the dialogue.

And by "whoever did the music" I mean the same guy who directed, wrote and 'edited' the film, because no one else was helping him realise his dummy fetish film.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I'd recommend Lars von Trier's Antichrist if you haven't seen it. It's gory as anything, but actually quite beautifully made in a weird way. It pushes a lot of boundaries, and is probably one you'll love and recommend, or one you'll just hate and never want to watch again

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.