iPhone 6 or Samsung Galaxy S6?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Considering to get a new phone. I've always been an iPhone person. However starting to get bored of the look and style. Always thinking about moving to Samsung but hated the interface. However I tried out my uncles S6 and it looks very nice and well designed.

What dod you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, iPhone 6 and the Galaxy S6 are similar. However, if you look in-depth of the specs in both phones, you will find find out that the iPhone 6 is slightly faster. You can find out by watching YouTube videos comparing both phones.

I have the S6 so I might be slighty biased, but I prefer it more to the iPhone 6.

ReputationRep:
    Why not a Nexus :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Why not a Nexus :confused:
    I've never really seen a Nexus lol- Let me look into it.

What's the best one out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrwhitz)
    In my opinion, iPhone 6 and the Galaxy S6 are similar. However, if you look in-depth of the specs in both phones, you will find find out that the iPhone 6 is slightly faster. You can find out by watching YouTube videos comparing both phones.
    I'm watching an S6 review video as I type this post haha.

However I find the look of iPhone 6 so boring now. Literally everyone in my family has one and I've been using nothing but IOS for the past 5 years it's getting boring.

Also with S6 in my opinion it looks more slick and what not and also I can customise it to what I want haha.

It looks like i've up my mind but boy is it gonna be a hard choice

Any other phones you recommend before I make a decision?>

ReputationRep:
    Like hold on a few weeks, don't you read the news?

The Iphone 7 is coming out in like 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I have the S6 so I might be slighty biased, but I prefer it more to the iPhone 6.
    How long have you had it for?

Is it like nearly every other Samsung I've tried that slows down and gets super laggy after a few months?

I've had my iPhone 5 for 2 years and it's still as fast as the day I got it.

Where as my mum had an S3 a couple of years ago and a couple of months in it was unbearably slow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vividly clear)
    Like hold on a few weeks, don't you read the news?

The Iphone 7 is coming out in like 2 weeks
    Regardless of whether it comes out or not. Any new phone being released in the next couple of months will be way out of my budget. This being apple with there £700+ price tags. Most people tend to wait 9-10 months before buying the new Apple phone for the price to drop.

Also I have heard about it and them getting rid of the headphone jack and using the lightning connection for the headphone jack is ridiculous. Like I won't be able to charge my phone and listen to music. Also not forgetting that if I buy earphones that are for the new iPhone 7 i'll only be restricted to it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federerr)
    I've never really seen a Nexus lol- Let me look into it.

What's the best one out?
    Nexus 6P I think. Keep in mind the screen is just under 6 inches. There is a 5X that was relesed at the same time and is smaller but I think the spec is lower as well.

I have the Nexus 6 (the previous model) and it has been fantastic. Stock Android, fast updates, the phone is rapid, video playback, screen etc all magnificent. I am sure the 6P is even better as the 6 is a couple of years old now.

I've had a Galaxy before (S2) and after that I got the Nexus 4, I don't think I'd go back to a Galaxy now if a Nexus was an option. The only thing the Galaxy had over the Nexus 4 was the camera was slightly better to take pictures with and would focus quicker but the picture quality was the same. I can't comment on the current Nexus and Galaxy models as I have not used them.

Have a look into it anyway mate, worth considering.

ReputationRep:
    I've had the S6 since launch, still running like a charm and the display&camera... WOW.
    Battery life, little disappointing, games and Youtube throughout the day and im on 20% by 6pm.
    My friends prefer the look of my phone over their Iphone 6.
    Good Luck,
    Lee

P.S : Android also beats iOS any day, especially as the S6 runs marshmallow

How long have you had it for?

Is it like nearly every other Samsung I've tried that slows down and gets super laggy after a few months?

I've had my iPhone 5 for 2 years and it's still as fast as the day I got it.

Where as my mum had an S3 a couple of years ago and a couple of months in it was unbearably slow.
    I've had it for a couple of months now.
    Nope, never experience any lag and it runs very smoothly. Only complaint is the battery life, but besides that it's an amazing phone (especially the camera).

ReputationRep:
    What about the S7?

ReputationRep:
    I've had it for a couple of months now.
    Nope, never experience any lag and it runs very smoothly. Only complaint is the battery life, but besides that it's an amazing phone (especially the camera).
    Sounds good

I heard charging the S6 is super fast - Do you agree?

Also how many hours do you get on a day to day basis with this phone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhoDaresWins)
    What about the S7?
    Budget.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Nexus 6P I think. Keep in mind the screen is just under 6 inches. There is a 5X that was relesed at the same time and is smaller but I think the spec is lower as well.

I have the Nexus 6 (the previous model) and it has been fantastic. Stock Android, fast updates, the phone is rapid, video playback, screen etc all magnificent. I am sure the 6P is even better as the 6 is a couple of years old now.

I've had a Galaxy before (S2) and after that I got the Nexus 4, I don't think I'd go back to a Galaxy now if a Nexus was an option. The only thing the Galaxy had over the Nexus 4 was the camera was slightly better to take pictures with and would focus quicker but the picture quality was the same. I can't comment on the current Nexus and Galaxy models as I have not used them.

Have a look into it anyway mate, worth considering.
    Alright thanks bro.

Let me go check out some reviews on both models

ReputationRep:
    Budget.
    Oh darn...

Couldn't you wait a little bit and save enough up for it?

S7 is IP68 water resistant, has better battery life, an even better camera which focuses so fast and has an SD card slot!

Sounds good

I heard charging the S6 is super fast - Do you agree?

Also how many hours do you get on a day to day basis with this phone?
    Ye it has Quick Charge which is really effective.

I'm not sure lmao :emo: but I do use it a lot throughout the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhoDaresWins)
    Oh darn...

Couldn't you wait a little bit and save enough up for it?

S7 is IP68 water resistant, has better battery life, an even better camera which focuses so fast and has an SD card slot!
    Idk i'll look into it.

In my opinions for the amount of money im gonna need to pay extra for the S7 isn't really worth it. Nothing is really improved other than waterproofing which I don't really need since idk my phone is never really near water.

ReputationRep:
    Ye it has Quick Charge which is really effective.

I'm not sure lmao :emo: but I do use it a lot throughout the day.
    Alright thanks

You've helped a lot!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 16, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Have you ever given blood?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.