Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As you all know GCSE results day wasn't too long ago, I managed to get 5 A*s and 7A's. My question to you is- are these enough for getting into medical school's like Keele, Newcastle and Bristol? I have already checked the entry requirements for these universities but obviously they are not specific enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estudiando07)
    As you all know GCSE results day wasn't too long ago, I managed to get 5 A*s and 7A's. My question to you is- are these enough for getting into medical school's like Keele, Newcastle and Bristol? I have already checked the entry requirements for these universities but obviously they are not specific enough.
    I don't understand when you say not specific enough:

Keele:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    GCSE: 5As; maths, English & science GCSEs at a minimum of grade B
    Science/core science (including AQA Science A or Science B) plus additional science is acceptable as an alternative to biology, chemistry and physics. If further additional science has been taken, this must also be passed at grade B. IGCSE double-award science is also acceptable. Applied science is not an acceptable GCSE.
    NCL:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    AAA including Chemistry and/or Biology at A or AS level and excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking. For Biology, Chemistry and Physics A levels, we require a pass in the practical element. If only one of Biology and/or Chemistry is offered at A or AS level, the other should be offered at GCSE grade A (or Dual Award Science grade A).
    Once the academic criteria have been met, academic achievement is not considered further in subsequent parts of the application process e.g. additional A levels or A* results or additional GCSE results are not considered.
    Bristol:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Subjects required at GCSE or equivalent:Minimum five GCSEs at grade A to include Mathematics, English Language and two science subjects. In England, where numerical GCSE grades will start to replace letter GCSE grades, we will be aligning the two grading schemes as follows: 4 or 5 is C, 6 is B, 7 is A, and 8 or 9 is A*.
    This was all available from on the first page usually of the medicine page of each of those universities and will be the same for all med schools.

Your GCSE's are all A's and above so you should meet the criteria of almost all the med schools. Again, do check with the med schools to ensure you meet their specific criteria. Not that you need to worry yet. You haven't started A-levels and requirements sometimes differ year to year.

Hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.